Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed the other day when i was at full boost that as the turbo started to whoosh it kind of made a crackling sound at 1.2 bar, but then it goes after about 2 seconds as the needle slowly falls back out of the red! anybody else heard of this or even had it? the car drives fine and the acceleration is smooth so i was just wondering.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(karlos mogsy @ 13 Jan 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i noticed the other day when i was at full boost that as the turbo started to whoosh it kind of made a crackling sound at 1.2 bar, but then it goes after about 2 seconds as the needle slowly falls back out of the red! anybody else heard of this or even had it? the car drives fine and the acceleration is smooth so i was just wondering.

cheers.

When I first remapped my car it used to make a sound at full boost like the noise made when you finish off the end a McDonalds drink with a straw
Is this the noise you mean?

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
You might be hearing the wastegate opening? The ECU 'pulses' the wastegate to regulate the boost. We notice the noise it is more noticable on some cars than others.

have you not noticed the noise before?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Simo @ 13 Jan 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I first remapped my car it used to make a sound at full boost like the noise made when you finish off the end a McDonalds drink with a straw
Is this the noise you mean?

ye thats the noise

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(wolfman @ 13 Jan 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You might be hearing the wastegate opening? The ECU 'pulses' the wastegate to regulate the boost. We notice the noise it is more noticable on some cars than others.

have you not noticed the noise before?

no, but i had the radio off which i dont normally so i think thats y i heard it, plus not had the car remapped for long either!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts