Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 55 plate st, had this for nearly a year now but i have noticed the turbo is not boosting over the 1st bar on the gauge, is this normal or is there something wrong, its been like this ever since i have owned it, it is completely standard.

Also in the last few days i have had a orange light on the dash near the speedo, any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE(smithy234 @ 21 Nov 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

I have 55 plate st, had this for nearly a year now but i have noticed the turbo is not boosting over the 1st bar on the gauge, is this normal or is there something wrong, its been like this ever since i have owned it, it is completely standard.

Also in the last few days i have had a orange light on the dash near the speedo, any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Hi if its the orange light with the outline of a engine its the engine warning light mine has been on for a few days
took the Kam fuse out & it reset when i switched it back on if it's the one with wavy lines its the traction control

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
It's normal for a standard car to boost briefly towards 1.0 and settle at 0.6 bar.

The orange light on your dash probably means to have a warning message to read on your OBC display. Use the toggle on the stalk to view. I would guess at......................................screen wash needs filling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(clarkyp @ 21 Nov 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi if its the orange light with the outline of a engine its the engine warning light mine has been on for a few days took the Kam fuse out & it reset when i switched it back on if it's the one with wavy lines its the traction control it is the one with the outline of an Engine Where is the Kam fuse located i`ll try that first?QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 21 Nov 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's normal for a standard car to boost briefly towards 1.0 and settle at 0.6 bar.The orange light on your dash probably means to have a warning message to read on your OBC display. Use the toggle on the stalk to view. I would guess at......................................screen wash needs filling.This is settling straight away before the first line which i think would be just under 0.3 bar?

·
Vendor
2,677 Posts
QUOTE(smithy234 @ 21 Nov 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it is the one with the outline of an Engine Where is the Kam fuse located i`ll try that first?

Before clearing the fault code, using the KAM fuse, it would be worth checking to see what has caused the engine MIL light to come on.

It is possible for you to check for DTC (diagnostic faults) using the cars on board computer. - there are several threads on here on how to do that - or you can call me on 07725 618 835.

The boost problem will almost certainly be linked to the engine MIL light

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok removed the Kam fuse, the light went out but came straight back on after. i went to a volvo main dealer today where i use to work and they put it on the computer. it came up with 2 faults but not sure what they mean

These are:

Fuel rail/system pressure too low / Fuel pump, fuel

And

System too rich off idle, bank 1 / Fuel pressure, injectors

Any one got a clue what these mean?

Thanks

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts