Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a so far unmodified 57 ST. It has about year to run on it's warranty. Am I best off to go for mountune or dreamscience (or something else) if I want to speed it up. I assume need to get the all clear from insurer before I modify? Also, is dreamscience reversible , I know mountune is not. I've read great things about both on this forum. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
484 Posts
there is alot of differant waes to go.
im going to dreamscience for me but im picking up 2nd hand bits as its alot cheaper. but mountunes a great package thats the wae i would go if i wasnt going dreamscience.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(montalban @ 21 Dec 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a so far unmodified 57 ST. It has about year to run on it's warranty. Am I best off to go for mountune or dreamscience (or something else) if I want to speed it up. I assume need to get the all clear from insurer before I modify? Also, is dreamscience reversible , I know mountune is not. I've read great things about both on this forum. Any advice would be appreciated.

i believe if you have a need for warranty repair, you can reset your car to stock with DS, which deletes any fault codes

ask member 'dreamscience flash' (jared)

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 22 Dec 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i believe if you have a need for warranty repair, you can reset your car to stock with DS, which deletes any fault codes

ask member 'dreamscience flash' (jared)
This is true. Once map removed (5 min process) it is undetectable.
You should get insurance all clear first. Most will be ok with it and at worst might increase premium by few quid. My insurance just increased my excess by £50.
As montune is Ford approved this should be even less of an issue for most insurers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
QUOTE(montalban @ 21 Dec 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a so far unmodified 57 ST. It has about year to run on it's warranty. Am I best off to go for mountune or dreamscience (or something else) if I want to speed it up. I assume need to get the all clear from insurer before I modify? Also, is dreamscience reversible , I know mountune is not. I've read great things about both on this forum. Any advice would be appreciated.
there are far more qualified people than me on the tuning and modding scene here.however i had my 57 plate for a year now and had the code red 270 and cat back fitted by gary and his team at stockport last week and its totally changed the car.my insurance is cheaper again through using the forums and other peoples knowledge.ive done alot of the other mods myself but you cant go wrong by asking on here.the other scotish drivers seem to enjoy the drive back from stockport so well worth a call.you should do what you want to do and use the forum to help yourself. im well pleased,nice clean example with only a few bits to stand out.....but then again im not finished ...hhmmm .ENJOY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts