Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my lights reprogrammed at the garage for the second time in a few weeks.
My driver side headlight seems to stay on almost main beam and goes high, then after various periods of time blinks then goes back to the normal light pattern.
Any suggestions please? Going back to my garage soon, but would be nice to be informed what you guys think it could be, or has anyone else had this problem?
Cheers....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have had mine into the dealer twice as the drivers side was very low (5 ft in front of the car..!). First time they reset the sensors for auto-leveling, second time they actually adjusted the lights via the IDE thingy, they are good now.

If it's under warranty keep taking it back to ford and don't take no for an answer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 8 Feb 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have had mine into the dealer twice as the drivers side was very low (5 ft in front of the car..!). First time they reset the sensors for auto-leveling, second time they actually adjusted the lights via the IDE thingy, they are good now.

If it's under warranty keep taking it back to ford and don't take no for an answer.

My local garage is good as gold, actually the Ford warranty expired 1st Feb, but they know it's been a problem for a while. They have reset the lights and all seems fine, then you turn on the lights and the drivers side goes high, then blinks and all's ok again!!??
Wondered if the bulb was on the way out, or I have read about a ballast pack??

·
Registered
783 Posts
As simple as it may sound, check that the sensor behind the front wheel hasnt swung round. I think its on the drivers side just behind the disc/caliper.
I had a similar problem and the thing had swivelled 180 degrees. Put it back straight and its been fine since!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(JayDon @ 8 Feb 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As simple as it may sound, check that the sensor behind the front wheel hasnt swung round. I think its on the drivers side just behind the disc/caliper.
I had a similar problem and the thing had swivelled 180 degrees. Put it back straight and its been fine since!

Will check that, Cheers...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have similar problems, I cant use high beem because the drivers side headlamp stays on high beam, it corrects itself if i find pothole (not difficult) to run over. Is this the same prob?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(carmadhainesy @ 9 Feb 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have similar problems, I cant use high beem because the drivers side headlamp stays on high beam, it corrects itself if i find pothole (not difficult) to run over. Is this the same prob?

Actually it did seem to drop one time when I went over a bump, other times just seems to go back to normal when it feels like it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.