Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i am in desperate need of help, have just purchased a used bluefin hand set that has been reset. i plugged it in and followed the instructions. it saved my origional settings, then uploaded the new settings. upon completion, it said the upload had failed error co77, it prompted me to return to origional settings and began to restore origional. again upon completion it said error this car is immobilised please contact superchips. unfortunately they are closed untill monday, for some reason their software server isnt working and i have a car that wont start and has been left were it was. has this happened to anyone of you? and if so what did u have to do to correct the problem? i would appreciateany advise. many thanks, luke

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 31 Jan 2010, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi there i am in desperate need of help, have just purchased a used bluefin hand set that has been reset. i plugged it in and followed the instructions. it saved my origional settings, then uploaded the new settings. upon completion, it said the upload had failed error co77, it prompted me to return to origional settings and began to restore origional. again upon completion it said error this car is immobilised please contact superchips. unfortunately they are closed untill monday, for some reason their software server isnt working and i have a car that wont start and has been left were it was. has this happened to anyone of you? and if so what did u have to do to correct the problem? i would appreciateany advise. many thanks, luke

I think you only get the one life with bluefin and as you bought it as used, you'd need to reset it. It will cost you I'm afraid.... Not sure how much, someone will fill in the blanks though.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The OP said the unit had already been reset by Superchips, I don't think it would take you down the route of programming on another car if that wasn't the case.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with some cars having different levels of ECU calibration still, say the new car is at BUG level but the one the handset came from still being at BUF and therefore having slightly different levels of Bluefin software needed?

Even if this isn't the case it will need Superchips input to fix it I'm afraid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts