Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst changing the oil on my ST yesterday my jack blew its seal on the piston at the bottom of the pressure lever (or whatever its called). its a sealey 1020le low entry jack and i can't seem to find any seal kits for it on google.
anyone got any ideas who might sell them?

cheers Ben

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
That seems to confirm that the hydraulic unit comes as a single assembly.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found that pdf earlier but as alb says, it seems as it comes as a seperate unit. Guess i'll have to phone sealey tomorrow, cheers guys

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
When I was looking for a new jack I looked at sealey jacks but whilst they look the part and are decent value, they are expensive to repair when they go wrong (which they have a tendency to do). As I want it to last and last I ended up going for a Blue Point (by Snap On) low entry service jack from the Snap-On guy who visits my mates garage (it was on offer).

While it does cost more than the Sealey equivalent, parts are available separately via the Snap On guy if it goes wrong.

Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I really need a low entry jack now.
I was jacking my car up last night to remove the wheel spacers, my car is on a Bilstein B12 kit and it was a nightmare, especially the front. No chance of getting a standard trolley jack under.
I managed to get the emergency jack in but even that was tight.

Must be a nightmare with coilovers.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phoned sealey a minute ago, they confirmed that they don't sell a seals kit, only the hydraulic unit as a single part, for 25 quid. Only 6 months old and been used 4 times. Hopefully its got a gaurantee from the retailler.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
The bluepoint goes down to about 50mm from recollection but did cost £225 inc VAT

It is the same as this but mine also has a rubber cover for the lifting plate, it is very heavy duty (also read this as also being heavy, 2 men are needed to lift it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts