Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my clutch pedal dropping and not returning to its correct position (all the way to the top) taken the car to a local dealer they said nothing was wrong went back a couple of days later to show them how far it had dropped (just above biting point), so they said they will get in touch with ford and see what they say and let me know (I never heard anything).
I then took the car to another dealer and they got intouch with ford who ok'ed the warranty work, but the first part they changed has not fixed it so now I went back to the local dealer to see if they can carry on with the work and they said no also ford said no but the dealer who did the work are 40+ miles away and I can not keep having time off work and driving that distance for one part to be changed at a time (it is costing a fortune).

anybody else had the same sort of problem if so what did you do?

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
It's not funny you should say that but I had the same fault on my first ST and had been in to the local Polar Ford garage quite a few time's to the point I got fed up with it and decided to try a different (outside the franchise) dealer and got the same response as you have.

It's catch 22 as Ford wont do anything because they have paid the first dealer to fix it under warranty and wont pay again for another dealer to do the same work twice

In the end I went to a different Polar Ford and they fixed it (replaced master cylinder) without any fuss.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spoke to the dealer who replaced the master cylinder now (archers) and they are being helpful and they are going to replace the slave cylinder now (did not know it was a gearbox out job until he told me).

think it is bad though as ford have already approved the work so any other dealer should be able to carry on from where the other left off as I am sure there is a record of what they have done.

anyway looks like another 160mile trip taking the car in and picking it up soon just hope it sorts it this time.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went to the local dealer in the first place and they said there was no fault, that is why I took it to Archers.
their is already a warranty claim number now for this problem attached to Archers.

I have spoken to Ford and basically they are not intrested

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the second dealer who put the new part on was an official Ford dealer and/or Ford OK'd the warranty then you're being taken for a ride!! Don't let it happen!!!! or b4 you know it the warranty will be out and you'll have to pay for a whole new clutch or something stupid!!

There should be no issue what so ever with changing your warranty over to as many different Ford garages as you like because your warranty isn't with the garage you bought the car from, it's with Ford and the only things that void it would be tuning your car with un-official parts or getting a non lagit' garage to fix something without Fords approval.

They recently tried to do exactly the same thing to me, i switched garages as soon as i bought the car (needed new block with just 4 months warranty left) and they said that i wouldn't be covered however as soon as i clocked on to what they were doing and started asking questions, all of a sudden warranty covered the £4,500 problem. . .funny that, don't you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.