Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearly at the point where i can afford an ST! Got a job lined up after uni :) so as I've only had one car (purchased off a family member) I'm thinking about the trade I would get.

I have custom stereo, mud flaps, bulbs, stereo, gear knob and painted calipers.

Will I get more for my car if I have more original parts on it, the way it is or it won't matter?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
just those few bits wont make any difference unless they could be classed as ugly, like bright coloured calipers etc that may put someone off or a skull gear nob for example.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm nearly at the point where i can afford an ST! Got a job lined up after uni :) so as I've only had one car (purchased off a family member) I'm thinking about the trade I would get.

I have custom stereo, mud flaps, bulbs, stereo, gear knob and painted calipers.

Will I get more for my car if I have more original parts on it, the way it is or it won't matter?

Cheers
By the sounds of things it still pretty much is standard....get it px'ed and get the St!... yeeeee hah....
obviously its black cos the other colours are alot slower

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If the mud flaps are big silly rally flaps take them off. A more original looking car will be more appealing. Painted calipers are nothing to worry about unless you have a bright yellow drum on the back lol. As for the radio you may as well fit the original if you still have it and put the custom one in your new car

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The callers are yellow lol.

Thanks for the response guys, I just want to make sure I maximise it, was unsure if maybe an extra 50 quid for the original stereo and removing the painted calipers.

In my opinion and many my friends is that the flaps look good, generic one with the ford badge on them.

·
Registered
649 Posts
might not matter depending on the age of the car most big garages punt trade ins straight to auction they dont even prep them. if its a newer car and likely to be on the forecourt unless its unsightly it wont add/remove value.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the sounds of things it still pretty much is standard....get it px'ed and get the St!... yeeeee hah....
obviously its black cos the other colours are alot slower
As much as I like the black, it will have to be blue or orange for me. Look on the bright side, I won't be able to beat u if your theory checks out :p

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see it being auctioned to be honest. I just wasn't sure how it worked in trade, not sure if il get more for selling the original ford stereo or my custom one (Sony gtx930ui) .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts