Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Traction Control is affected when you adjust the "steering settings" via the stalk controls?????
For instance....if on "Sport" on the steering...does that mean less traction control??

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
not that im aware of mate. its always the same overactive system in all the stering settings!
even when you switch it off, it is'nt fully disabled iirc.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(Paulted @ 20 Feb 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think its only 75% off when you press the ESP button but the steering settings don't effect it in any way

as far as im concerned the steering settings don't even effect the steering in any way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 20 Feb 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not that im aware of mate. its always the same overactive system in all the stering settings!
even when you switch it off, it is'nt fully disabled iirc.

Only just got the car, but have to say the traction control is by no way as intrusive as the Leon Cupra I traded it in for. Haven't had a chance to go nuts and really try hard at pushing the limits.....looking forward to it though.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(ktmtrumpshonda @ 20 Feb 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only just got the car, but have to say the traction control is by no way as intrusive as the Leon Cupra I traded it in for. Haven't had a chance to go nuts and really try hard at pushing the limits.....looking forward to it though.

wait untill your tyre's get near the wear markers mate. mine thinks im in canada at the winter olympics.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I cant say I noticed a difference because I have never tried them, maybe when I get old enough for a pipe, slipper's and cardigans I might try comfort and what's the other one "Normal" I guess I will never try that one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.