Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the car lowered some time ago ( eiback pro ), and other things done all the time, i thought it was best to get the tracking done as i noticed the inside wall being shredded on nearly new tyres, anyway i have had some bad experiance's with companies that really just make a mess of the job

Been looking about for a while and thinking who to trust to set it up. Then i was advised to try Midpoint garage which is a vauxhaul speacilist's, so of i went to phone them up and asked if they could do the
, yes they replied and they have the settings all the way up to 2009
and his own settings for track use
. So a few off us decided to go down today and get it done today.

They found the tracking was out on the front and the nsr was towing in by 9mm
, the guy used his own settings which he said has had no complaints on, but OMG what a differance, car feels so tight and is so smooth to drive, quieter road noise used less fuel also coming back

I would defo recomend them
. I will report back over time to let you know how the tyre wear is going

http://www.midpointgarage.co.uk/home.html

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(nigst @ 4 Feb 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After having the car lowered some time ago ( eiback pro ), and other things done all the time, i thought it was best to get the tracking done as i noticed the inside wall being shredded on nearly new tyres, anyway i have had some bad experiance's with companies that really just make a mess of the job

Been looking about for a while and thinking who to trust to set it up. Then i was advised to try Midpoint garage which is a vauxhaul speacilist's, so of i went to phone them up and asked if they could do the
, yes they replied and they have the settings all the way up to 2009
and his own settings for track use
. So a few off us decided to go down today and get it done today.

They found the tracking was out on the front and the nsr was towing in by 9mm
, the guy used his own settings which he said has had no complaints on, but OMG what a differance, car feels so tight and is so smooth to drive, quieter road noise used less fuel also coming back

I would defo recomend them
. I will report back over time to let you know how the tyre wear is going

http://www.midpointgarage.co.uk/home.html

Excellent news, have been struggling to find someone local ish to do mine, what were you charged and who do i need to speak too?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(converted chris @ 4 Feb 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"track settings"

What he said

QUOTE(np247921 @ 4 Feb 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent news, have been struggling to find someone local ish to do mine, what were you charged and who do i need to speak too?

Can't remember his name
, but it only cost £45 for all 4 wheels done, which so far on how it feels i would pay it again

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ive just had mine done at demon tweaks but they couldnt offer track set up with out the measurments, does anyone know what the ideal set up is? I'll post up my results in a bit, not sure they are that good tbh

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(stevie g @ 4 Feb 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm desperate to get mine done...can anyone recommend anywhere in the Birmingham/midlands area?

Stevie I had my tracking done by BMRT (Perry Bar) they are on the Allignmycar website that was posted.
OMFG after having the car lowered at wolf I left it 400 miles before getting the full wheel laser alignment
and the car now handles much much better like it is on rails.

BMRT will say its cost £99.99 for the focus ST, but they soon dropped the price to £49 when I showed I wanted a reasonable price (Think they rip a few people off as whilst I was in there a guy booked in his fiesta after me and was happy to pay £65 they qutoed him!!, plus they said if i get my other car done next week they would do it for only £20, result I thought, so def going back).
Takes about 1 hour 10 mins and the car is now spot on.
Best £50 I've spent on the car ever! Plus great service and a free cup of joe

Any problems with them just give me a PM. When I'm home on Sunday I will post up my alignment sheet to show you how bad my tracking was after getting the car lowered.

Rob

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(np247921 @ 4 Feb 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would adding wheel spacers affect the alignment too?

In simple term's yes, I would folk out the £40-50ish to get it all set up properly once you have fitted spacers!
To prevent excessive tyre wear which may cost you more than £50 if you go through a set of tyres much faster than a correctly set up car!

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE(The Engineer @ 4 Feb 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stevie I had my tracking done by BMRT (Perry Bar) they are on the Allignmycar website that was posted.
OMFG after having the car lowered at wolf I left it 400 miles before getting the full wheel laser alignment
and the car now handles much much better like it is on rails.

BMRT will say its cost £99.99 for the focus ST, but they soon dropped the price to £49 when I showed I wanted a reasonable price (Think they rip a few people off as whilst I was in there a guy booked in his fiesta after me and was happy to pay £65 they qutoed him!!, plus they said if i get my other car done next week they would do it for only £20, result I thought, so def going back).
Takes about 1 hour 10 mins and the car is now spot on.
Best £50 I've spent on the car ever! Plus great service and a free cup of joe

Any problems with them just give me a PM. When I'm home on Sunday I will post up my alignment sheet to show you how bad my tracking was after getting the car lowered.

Rob
Cheers for that Rob...you're a superstar

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE(The Engineer @ 4 Feb 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In simple term's yes, I would folk out the £40-50ish to get it all set up properly once you have fitted spacers!
To prevent excessive tyre wear which may cost you more than £50 if you go through a set of tyres much faster than a correctly set up car!

Why would it need re-aligning? Fitting spacers will only widen the track, not alter camber and toe of the wheels. Only things to do with the suspension i.e bushes, wishbones and ride height will alter the geometry.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(Tall-Paul @ 4 Feb 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why would it need re-aligning? Fitting spacers will only widen the track, not alter camber and toe of the wheels. Only things to do with the suspension i.e bushes, wishbones and ride height will alter the geometry.

Yes, but when you fit the spacers its is best to re-check the alignment as to ensure the car is set up correctly, I know what your saying but I would have though altering anything in the suspension/wheels ect. It would be best to re-check the alignment to have the car handling to the best of its ability.

I'm just going on my experience of car's before and after alignment, and the improvements it has made!
But at the end of the day its you car and your decision

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE(The Engineer @ 4 Feb 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, but when you fit the spacers its is best to re-check the alignment as to ensure the car is set up correctly, I know what your saying but I would have though altering anything in the suspension/wheels ect. It would be best to re-check the alignment to have the car handling to the best of its ability.

I'm just going on my experience of car's before and after alignment, and the improvements it has made!
But at the end of the day its you car and your decision

Well if that's the case then we should be getting alignment done every time you change your wheels or tyres lol. Yeh it is good to be on the safe side and get it checked every now and again but I won't be doing it until bushes

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was one of the others who went down with Nig yesturday. I would recommend these guys to anyone.after ive had new bushes ill be taking it straight to them the same day. As Nig has already said what a difference. I give my car alot of stick so the tracking was well out. To be honest for the price we paid (£45) ill prob go a couple times a year to have it done. Makes a massive difference especially when your on 3 wheels going around a corner

Rob

1 - 20 of 38 Posts