Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my first trackday coming up in Feb i decided to order my helmet now incase it doesn't fit first time!

Went for an open face helmet, probably look a wally but i think a full face helmet will do my head in

These guys seem good, and reasonably priced http://www.v2sport.com/

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have the V2 Tour. If you measure around your head just above your eyebrow it will give you the size you need.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
I hate open face helmets! Mind you im probably biased by having chin butted the floor so many times riding motocrossers in my youth lol!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the V2 Tour. If you measure around your head just above your eyebrow it will give you the size you need.
58.5cm, typical! so i went for a Large (59-60cm) rather than 57-58cm Medium so i don't look like a chubster with squished cheeks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use a V2 pro (full face) and am very pleased with it.

One comment on open face helmets is they are not allowed in open kit cars where the frontal protection of a full face is needed. If you are offered a ride in such a car it would be a shame not to have the right helmet. Personally I would feel exposed without full face protection.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
With a full race helmet you can always drive with the visor up and then have it down in situations when needed like DICCY said.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I would go for full face for extra protection, you can still put a brow on most of them for when you are in an enclosed vehicle. The V2's are seen as good value for money

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Full face really isn't needed for what i'm using it for, having ridden motorbikes for years a full face would just feel too bulky inside a car.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Full face really isn't needed for what i'm using it for, having ridden motorbikes for years a full face would just feel too bulky inside a car.
I was thinking exactly the same.

Overt two kids from riding my bikes and my old mans got two open face ones from his road rallying days.

Can't wait for the trackday now.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
open face is no good for when you go karting, instead you will have to use a £20 wonder bike lid that has been dropped 100's of times

·
Registered
11,382 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cause its £271! And its basically a full face.

I paid £130 for this V2 tour, it meets my requirements and the difference in cash between the two means i can get an elevate torque link too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts