Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts

Novice or experienced Cadwell is a fantastic circuit to drive and I had my first track day there a few weeks ago. Some of the guys that came down to watch now can't wait to have a go themselves and I cant wait to get back either so I have organised this for anyone that's interested.

The Day

The date is set for Tuesday the 7[sup]th[/sup] of June with Circuit Days. It's an open pit lane event which means you can go on and off track freely throughout the day as much as you like (9am till 5pm). The cost should be £169 however I have spoken with Circuit Days who have agreed to give us a club price of £155 for the full day.

To make your booking at the club price you need to call

Circuit Days

01302 743 827
Mon-Fri 8:30 to 5:30
Please Quote: Focus ST owners club

*NOTE* if you dont have a helmet and you need to hire one you will need to mention it with your booking £10 for the day.

Alternatively you can make the booking on there website at there regular price

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk

Instruction

Instruction will be available on the day and they offer a free 20 minute session, having taken this myself I can strongly recommend it. If it's your first time on track it's such a big help I had 2 sessions of instruction when I was there one in the morning and another in the afternoon and they help you learn the track and keep you on the black stuff! (thanks steve h
)

Additional instruction is £25 for 20 minutes.

You book instructors on the day but if you want a half day or full day instructor you need to contact circuit days before hand.

Insurance

You probably won't be covered by your road policy but legally you don't need insurance for Trackdays. Many of the regular track drivers don't bother, insurers will tell you track day accidents are rare however if you're like me you might want to take out cover.

Trackday insuers:

http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/

And

http://www.moris.co.uk/

To give you an idea of cost, I was quoted £140 up to the value of the car or accident cover up to £6000 for £75. I went with the latter (competition car insurance).

Accomodation

If you are coming from further a field there are plenty of places in Louth which is about 5 miles away from the track to stay at. I'll probably be booking into The Beaumont Hotel where I stayed last time, if you're planning on doing the same please let me know ASAP and ill try and wangle a discount.

Attending:

*Russeh
*Mart170
*Mick
*Shaggy
*matty22

* = paid

Itinerary - you'll get this when you book but ill put it on here anyway

7:30 Sign on
8:30 Drivers Briefing
9:00 Track Opens (probablly with a couple of sighting laps first)
12:30 Lunch
13:30 Track Re Opens
17:00 Track Closes

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
Top bloke for sorting this Russ

As I live in Louth I have driven Cadwell a few times, it is a fantastic circuit and it is not as daunting as you may be lead to believe. The open days there are also excellently marshalled, giving you maximum track time in a relaxed environment.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree rich, its really not that bad once you're on track, very well organised. more so than i was expecting.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha yeah chris eibachs deffo help stops some of that roll. can't wait now the details are all sorted

cheers for the rep point

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Thanks mate. I'll get a day off work and get it booked. Can we book garages? I'll be bringing some tools and will use the day to sort out some stuff out on the car in prep for a week at the ring late June. Good thing is its pretty cheap and I only pay tax on fuel I use in the UK. Its costing me a damn fortune out here on Germany!

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill look into garages Jonny see if they have them, dont recall seeing any though. Will work somthing out

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
They haven't got any garages. The layout is a little strange the pitlane isn't very long and you can't even get to it without going round some of the track. lol

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They haven't got any garages. The layout is a little strange the pitlane isn't very long and you can't even get to it without going round some of the track. lol
yeah i dont think there is any. Its becuase where they run the trackday from isnt the real start/finish area thats further down isnt it.

Jonny i have a small tent that i could bring and use to store stuff in, not particularly secure but i saw people doing this last time. Infact a very nice guy held onto some stuff for me.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well booking the day off work was easy, the boss just revealed to me he holds a racing licance and is a big petrolhead himself

i'm paid up now too

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah chris you can hire them from circuit days £10 for the day. You need to tell them when you book it tho. If your going to do more trackdays tho I would by one as there only about 50, I got mine ex display for 40 quid

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you know what the cancellation policy is for this? I've not had chance to phone up yet.
From the website

A refund minus a 15% cancellation charge or a full credit is obtainable should a place be cancelled up to 7 days prior to an event. No refund or credit can be issued after this time

you unsure now, or just playing it by ear?

1 - 20 of 290 Posts