Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Thinking of doing a track day in the new year, but don't like the idea of being taken out, or binning the ST and being left with a big bill.. I've heard about track day insurance, but don't know where to start looking. Any advise? what kind of cost would I be looking at, and is it a bit of a mine field for getting paid out if things do go wrong?

Happy new year.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Moris insurance, competition car insurance both do track cover as do greenlight if you have cover with them already. Costs vary between £50-£100 depending on track, no of drivers etc. It usually cover accident damage but not mechanical breakdowns. It will come with a hefty excess too, I have heard of up to £3000 but £1500 is more typical.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(dave619 @ 30 Dec 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Moris insurance, competition car insurance both do track cover as do greenlight if you have cover with them already. Costs vary between £50-£100 depending on track, no of drivers etc. It usually cover accident damage but not mechanical breakdowns. It will come with a hefty excess too, I have heard of up to £3000 but £1500 is more typical.

Hope this helps!

Cheers Dave, yes, great help thanks. Was just reading your post about Bedford as that is where I'm heading at the end of Jan. A mate has done a day there before and, like you, he said it is quite hard to hit anything bar other cars!! and as I've not done a trackday before I like the sound of that!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
QUOTE(M12ES W @ 30 Dec 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Dave, yes, great help thanks. Was just reading your post about Bedford as that is where I'm heading at the end of Jan. A mate has done a day there before and, like you, he said it is quite hard to hit anything bar other cars!! and as I've not done a trackday before I like the sound of that!

bedfords a great track for a first timer. I still really enjoy it wet or dry and i've done a few track days!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(dave619 @ 30 Dec 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bedfords a great track for a first timer. I still really enjoy it wet or dry and i've done a few track days!

cheers, looking forward to it. There are a few of us going so I will get to see how the ST holds up against: R32 Golf, Skyliner GTR, V8 Mustang and a 225 TT... mine is bog standard.. going for weight saving and taking the child seat out!!
. Will try and get some picks and post them up once been there and done that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts