Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
It is very popular to have different colour wheels on the ST. As such I have approached the TPi importers about a group buy on their black alloy or steel XRnuts. TPi are interested, but I need an idea of how many members on here are interested in purchasing in order to get a price from TPi. So please check out their website and if your interested in a set let me have your names. They normally retail for round about £35ish I believe. The more names I get the better price I can go for.
Plant Automotive tire Rectangle Grass Terrestrial plant
They are also available in different colours including black, silver, gold, red, and titanium etc. The kit also includes the locknuts.

RSPARTSdist.- black alloy
Bahnstormer -
Jamescst3 - black
AndyC - silver
snowy - black

CANCELLED.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we decide they are some good shizzle, I'll take some silver ones.
Ive never heard anything bad about alloy wheel nuts and after all the wheels are alloy. As I am aware an alloy can be made to be stronger than certain steels. But I will wait to hear the verdict.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Most are soft alloy and not very well made! They crossthread easily and the heads round out! I prefer having good old chrome moly steel holding the wheels on!
The TPi are sold as a high quality replacement, certainly not cheap and cheerful products. Im sure like anything else you get inferior products in the market sector. I have never owned any TPi nuts or other brand so I cant comment. If there is insuffuicient interest I will scrap the group buy and purchase my own.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
The TPi are sold as a high quality replacement, certainly not cheap and cheerful products. Im sure like anything else you get inferior products in the market sector. I have never owned any TPi nuts or other brand so I cant comment. If there is insuffuicient interest I will scrap the group buy and purchase my own.
TPI are a well known brand and im sure a lot of people use them with no problems! My opinion is probably biased however as we have our wheels on and off a lot more than most people! Are there any technical details available about how hard the alloy is compared to normal nuts?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TPI are a well known brand and im sure a lot of people use them with no problems! My opinion is probably biased however as we have our wheels on and off a lot more than most people! Are there any technical details available about how hard the alloy is compared to normal nuts?
Just had a look and they are torque tested to 270lb/ft, T6 heat treated and actually they are available in steel or alloy.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Most are soft alloy and not very well made! They crossthread easily and the heads round out! I prefer having good old chrome moly steel holding the wheels on!
Something always comes along and everyone gets excited then someone goes and
on the parade!!!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Something always comes along and everyone gets excited then someone goes and
on the parade!!!
I know what you mean Lee. But at least we are collating lots of info so the right decision can be made. The last thing I want to do is get members a product thats not really fit for purpose. So all opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Did they do the "tyre fitter with an airgun" test though!
I was just about to say just dont let some fat
with an airgun and his greasy jeans around his
take your wheels off and on....i am sure they would be fine with a power bar and socket....anyways airguns are just for lazy people

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I dont honestly know Andy. By the sounds of it we would be better looking at steel ones. They are ringing me back tomorrow to see what kind of interest there is. I didnt realise they made them in steel.
Cool beans.

Well I was looking to replace my locking nuts, but if I can replace the whole lot for the same price I'm in.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts