Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
where did you get them Nick if you dont mind me asking? I've been trying to hunt down some green ones for ages but cant find anything other than the cheap ebay jobbies so may just go for black aswell!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just fitted them, I have to say I am well plsd. The locking/fitting sleeve is a nice snug fit without play. You can actually get the same amount of torque on the locking nut that you can on the rest of the nuts.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I am under the impression that they will be ok on the standard wheels. They are the same taper angle. The benefit to the tuner nut is it is much slimmer so it fits in small wheelnut apertures.
What size did you order Nick?
I've been looking at Ebay and can't figure out which ones are right.

Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
For standard wheels the seller told me they will fit but they are not a 100% fit like the OEM wheel nuts. They are a 45 degree taper and the OEM wheels need a 60 degree cone seated nut?

I ended up going for McGards, picked up a full set of 16 and 4 Mcgard lockers, all in black for £62 on ebay

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For standard wheels the seller told me they will fit but they are not a 100% fit like the OEM wheel nuts. They are a 45 degree taper and the OEM wheels need a 60 degree cone seated nut?

I ended up going for McGards, picked up a full set of 16 and 4 Mcgard lockers, all in black for £62 on ebay
Mine are 60degree taper

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Unsure how many times I have to keep saying this! - They are 12x1.5 60 degree taper. They are called a TPi tuner nut. Comes with 16 nuts and 4 locking nuts plus a key for them all. They are hard black chromed steel. A tuner nut is designed specifically for aftermarket alloys with a small nut aperture. They are £35 delivered from Ebay. Seller is - PERFORMANCE CENTRE. You can contact them on 01376515114, I know all this because I have spent my money to find out and they are now on my car. - The End!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I dont understand then, the seller was reluctant to give me a positive response as to whether they would be a suitable replacement for my standard wheel nuts

Are these also cone seated? I always wanted blue wheel nuts before I opted for black

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont understand then, the seller was reluctant to give me a positive response as to whether they would be a suitable replacement for my standard wheel nuts

Are these also cone seated? I always wanted blue wheel nuts before I opted for black
Check with the seller. Mine are aftermarket alloys but they are definitely 60 degree tapers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts