Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I suspect you created a thread that was of a technical nature, and as such it will have been moved to the technical section - unfortunately this section is only available to paying members.

There are a lot of benefits to membership, including technical help, group buys, insurance deals, etc - it's well worth the £10.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was not of technical nature at all a general query to the scale of a problem regarding liners. Not a how do I fix this question at all. Not going to renew my membership until I buy a working St. Move it back please.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I saw it got moved.
I nearly posted a thread saying that this sort of thing is happening too much lately.
Prospective buyers asking a simple question and the thread getting moved as it's deemed "technical".
Can't we have a section for potential buyers to ask questions?

This just made my mind up regarding everything ST. Thanks
Don't be put off.
Threads get moved for the silliest of reasons.
You can get a short membership which is only a few £, but I appreciate you might be put off now!
PM me if you think I can help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid for 2 years in a row anyway. Never asked a single technical question. Was only asking if late cars were less affected but if the ST community can't even give reasonable answers to a reasonable question then what's the point I give up. Had the worst New Year's Eve ever getting
My nice shiney st home to find it had the dreaded liner issues. Then take it back. But thought I no I will ask the guys on the forum for some general advice. But no, ya to stuck up to talk to me and offer me some advice. Don't talk about liners in general chat and bring the tone of the forum down. What a joke. As everyone knows the problem exists and I have had it twice on 2 cars. But dare I mention it on your precious forum. RANT OVER

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I paid for 2 years in a row anyway. Never asked a single technical question. Was only asking if late cars were less affected but if the ST community can't even give reasonable answers to a reasonable question then what's the point I give up. Had the worst New Year's Eve ever getting
My nice shiney st home to find it had the dreaded liner issues. Then take it back. But thought I no I will ask the guys on the forum for some general advice. But no, ya to stuck up to talk to me and offer me some advice. Don't talk about liners in general chat and bring the tone of the forum down. What a joke. As everyone knows the problem exists and I have had it twice on 2 cars. But dare I mention it on your precious forum. RANT OVER
Don't blame us members! It's the mods and owners that decide where posts get moved to and what you need to do to view them (i.e. pay).
Like I said, PM me if I can help.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
It was the moderators who moved your thread, you would find that a few of us replied discussing it myself included.
If you think we are all stuck up etc then fair enough that's up to you, if you met most of us you would probably find the complete opposite.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not aimed at you Andy just blowing of some steam just so sick of brick walls this week, love the car and brand and this forum until just then. Will pm you later regarding some buying advice

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Andy is bang on!
And if I was Andy, I'd feel a little insulted now, as what you've just said is a bit of a dig, especially considering he's just offered his help.

Saying that, I have no problems with you pm'ing me. I don't mind sharing my liner issues with you.

Not aimed at you Andy just blowing of some steam just so sick of brick walls this week, love the car and brand and this forum until just then. Will pm you later regarding some buying advice
Only just saw this. I'll wind my neck in

Apologies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not blaming members first or last. Mods to blame tonight for pointlessly moving my thread. I had notifications of replies. That is what made
Me angry. I just want to buy another ST plane and simple. That doesn't loose coolant, doesn't mis fire and that's about it. Sorry to moan

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Jason, take up Nathan's offer.
He's gone down a different route to most regarding split liners.
Anyway, speak soon if you want.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
Members have no say in the moving of topics and are always willing to help so try not to judge everyone harshly.

Yes mods move topics, it is what they are tasked to do (amongst many other things), it's nothing personal, but has been explained on many occasions it is how the site operates. Sometimes a topic can sit for a while as there will be no Staff about, sometimes it gets moved fairly quickly as a Staff member will be doing a general tidy up at the time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's not that people are too stuck up to talk to you mate because you'll find the majority of people on here offer really helpful and friendly advice. In fact this is the best car forum i've been part of.

The mods have moved your post to the correct section of the forum so that it helps keeps the site nice and tidy.

I can understand your upset with the problems you've had with your car but in my eyes you have been really unlucky with cars you've had.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
We move posts to the relevant forums, as a matter of course, the only reason is for house keeping.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not blaming members first or last. Mods to blame tonight for pointlessly moving my thread. I had notifications of replies. That is what made
Me angry. I just want to buy another ST plane and simple. That doesn't loose coolant, doesn't mis fire and that's about it. Sorry to moan
Mines for sale... No coolent lost! Never mis fired. Mint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts