Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
The only Ford in the Top 10 sellers in 2022 so far is.....

The Puma. o_O

What about the Kuga? Number 7 on the Hit Parade on TG, as per your link.

Manufacturers need us to get used to buying and driving SUVs as they are large enough to carry big batteries.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the Kuga? Number 7 on the Hit Parade on TG, as per your link.

Manufacturers need us to get used to buying and driving SUVs as they are large enough to carry big batteries.
Yeah sorry... hiding in plain sight ! :oops:

But the Kuga is yet another SUV and showing that's where the market has gone and putting most of the mid-size hatchbacks, like the Focus, to the sword.

Ford has already stopped selling 'cars' in the USA - how long before they stop making them altogether, even in and for Europe ? 😕

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,243 Posts
More than likely. The whole suv, compact crossover thing is all trend. Its not the car people actually want, but they feel compelled to have one because its "trending" and everyone else has one. Same with the iPhone, they're **** but because they're seen as trendy and a fashion item everyone wants one. Either way I still miss 3 door estates, **** this modern practical nonsense.

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
The market is a complicated place- rumours that a car is going to be discontinued? I won't buy that because you won't be able to get parts. Or maybe it's because there's something wrong with them.

(Please don't correct me that car manufacturers have to supply parts for however long the rules are, we all know people are stupid.)

And remember all Fords being black? That's because of production. I'm sure if they did the numbers, they would have realised black was the most popular colour then.

I don't know the numbers but if focus has a waiting list, "but we can do you a deal on the new puma which is new and has all the marketing" I wonder which one would sell.

I always thought the crossover was popular because it's got the presence and space but not the running cost of a proper off-road car. And people want space- look at things like the fiat 500. And mini. They are not mini any more.

And it's not worth the red tape and costs to cater for the niche of us any more.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just seen a tweet from Peoples Ford saying they have new Fiestas in stock, so theyre not being out-sold by the Puma for that reason...

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Watching a constant stream of cars passing my window as I work from home, I see the change so clearly.

Most of the older cars are small/medium hatchbacks.

Nearly all the newest cars are large Crossovers or huge SUV /4x4s.

Weight kills performance and economy. The car industry has a lot to answer for when it comes to encouraging wasteful consumption.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
But if it is an EV it is completely and utterly green, no question. Just the the diesel they bought in the 2000's.

There in lies the problem. People will believe that if they drive an EV nothing else they do matters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts