590 Posts
just seen the new series is now going to be 6 shows instead of 8

get rid of
factor and spend more money on top gear

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Wasn't the new Stig born or something?

Top Gear has been pretty rubbish most of the time for a while now. Whilst I do like the guys presenting it I find it far too silly and scripted these days. The last series of 5th Gear was much better, though I do did like some of the comedy aspects of Top Gear.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Anyone know when the new series is on ? I haven't seen a new episode all year ? (I think lol)
I don't think there has been a series on all year since the last Christmas special. I'm sure I read that the new series starts early next year. From reading on Twitter they have just finished filming for it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I read Clarksons colomn in ther Sun early this year and he was appologising to Top Gear fans that there wouldnt be an autumn series as the BBC dont want to compete with ITV and Xfactor. A quote from Clarkson went something like "Top gear is massive, but Simon Cowell is a Juggernought"

I think the plan was to just adjust the schedule for the autumn one to be on around now but no sign of it yet and i dont think there will be!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I heard on Radio 2 the other day that The topgear special wasn't finished in time. Something to do with the editing. And Richard Hammond isn't in it either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts