Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I'm expecting the same result as every other test - the ST will come 2nd or 3rd to two cars built more for the track than the road but will get top marks as a daily driver.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I reckon your bang on there sean .watched an old test between a chipped renault sport and a focus RS by autocar today and they said the the renault was best. looking at values today i know where i put my money.Take no notice of the soppy tests

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I reckon your bang on there sean .watched an old test between a chipped renault sport and a focus RS by autocar today and they said the the renault was best. looking at values today i know where i put my money.Take no notice of the soppy tests
Ooooh I don't lol. I don't let anybody tell me what to like and what to drive. I loves my Stella I do, and she'll never be second to something French or a boy racer-mobile.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It was one of the top gear reviews that convinced me I really did want the mk2.

Having owned one for a while now I think Clarkson was nearly spot on. I remember him mentioning fuel economy though, he got that wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
It was Clarkson's test of the the Mk2 seven years or so ago that made me want an ST. Had to wait until now to get one though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm expecting the same result as every other test - the ST will come 2nd or 3rd to two cars built more for the track than the road but will get top marks as a daily driver.
Unfortunately the prize of 'best daily driver' equates to booby prize in the car scales of rank, at least it has in the years i've been reading tests. It's a running joke in my workplace when we read reviews because one car always comes out as 'best daily driver' when it won no other category lol

I've just got to take a few weeks of mockery now.... .great.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It best hot hatch daily drive and most fun to own as the other cars are to track based, I drove the Renault before I bought the Focus and it's quick, the ride is hard and I mean hard, the build quailty and the cabin is French build quality, enough said, didn't drive the Astra as the dealers were usless!!!! Sat in one and it felt cheap for over 30k!!!

I liked the Seat Cupra R a lot but the boot was 2 small.

Said all this before but I'm so glad I got the Focus and mine I think may do quite well in a drag race!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts