Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy Guys have you seen episode 1 of the 14th season if Top Gear? What do you think about our Transfagarasan Road? Jeremy C named it the best driving road in the World.

How about a road trip
).

If someone in interested i can help you here in Romania. I live in Bucharest.

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is almost imposible to acces those tunnels, they are restricted because now the building is The Parlament of Romania. But the road is great and yes i have been their. It is absolutly amazing.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 17 Nov 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was thinking out Via Austria and the Grossglockner (similar Rd) through Slovakia back Via Budapest, Bratislava and Prague

That sounds a long trek. Altho i never did geography so i couldnt actually tell you where any of those places are

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 17 Nov 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>5000KM round trip

Thats quite correct
. The road trip would take you from France, Germany, Austria, Hungary and then Romania. From the border of Romania to Transfagarasan are about 350 miles.

If you want to make such an interesting trip i can wait for you at the Romanian border or in Budapest. Next summer:D

Later edit: And i forgot to tell you that the gipsy village that you saw is somewhere in the outskirts of the country. Romania is a very beautifull country with lots of old cities with legacy. And do not forget all the castles like the one of Dracula:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
If i have any money. . .IF!!!! then i'd be well up for that. Havn't driven in europe and i can't wait to experience some of them awesome roads. My cousin just bought himself a stage 2 Roush Mustang (he didn't want the brakes) and we were going to go out sometime next year anyway. . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts