Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a few people talking about 'special tools' required for changing the clutch on the ST. Anyone know if this is true and what they are or if its just a set of spline drive bits for removing the flywheel ?

Im gonna fit the RS Clutch / Flywheel setup after the new year but dont want to get stuck without the correct tool, assuming there is one.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
Don't no Chris all my tools are at Arnold Clark at Shiremoor

Have a good xmas and new year

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
All you should neded apart from normal sockets/spanners etc is a clutch alignment tool and a set of 12 point long spline drive sockets.

I havent done one for over a year but from memory its the 12 point spline tools they are not a socket they are more like a pin with 12 splines on the end.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 24 Dec 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All you should neded apart from normal sockets/spanners etc is a clutch alignment tool and a set of 12 point long spline drive sockets.

I havent done one for over a year but from memory its the 12 point spline tools they are not a socket they are more like a pin with 12 splines on the end.

Hope this helps.

cheers mate. Are the splined nuts resessed, if so, how much of a reach do the bits need to have?

Will these do the job ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165469

1 - 5 of 5 Posts