Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve been having similar thoughts for when I get mine… Maybe not initially, but something like the Mountune 330 does sound very tempting!

·
Registered
Ford Focus ST, 2.3 Ecoboost, Turnier 2022
3 Posts
I'm waiting for Stage 2 of Dreamscience.

Mike J E Apollonios, General Manager Dreamscience let me know:
We will be able to expect shortly 365bhp+ / 395ftlbs torque. Options for full cold air intake which should be with us any day and down pipe options which shall be arriving shortly after the
intakes.

·
Premium Member
Mk4 ST m365
107 Posts
When I first got mine I thought it was definitely quick enough. After about a year and reading various reviews of both the mountune and dreamscience remaps I thought why not. I went with mountune m330 and was very happy with it, it totally transformed the car, midrange pull is absolutely mighty. After reading the pistonheads review of the m365 remap I knew that was definitely being installed. Again another big improvement, acceleration is epic. I know I’ll have voided the engine/gearbox warranty by doing this but it’s a chance I’m willing to take. I always let the oil get up above 80°C before flooring it and I’m always careful with gear changes.

·
Premium Member
Mk4 ST m365
107 Posts
Don’t know if this is 100% correct but from what I’ve read on various forums the mountune map can be detected even after restoring to stock. Apparently the dreamscience imap handset can reset whatever counter records any ECU changes.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
137 Posts
Not looking to rain on anyone's parade, but interested in people views/thoughts.

Although from standard the 2.3L Mk4 is a detuned version of the Mk3 RS engine, what's the likelihood of the notorious Mk3 RS block cracking (between cylinders 2 & 3) presenting itself when the Mountune 365 calibration and hardware is applied. Has the block been modified on the Mk4 to address this?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I tuned my mk3 rs basically as soon as I got it thinking it'll be fine what's the worst that could happen. Then a year into ownership I started seeing engine issues mentioned on the forum. 1 guy had his car mapped and was rejected a warranty claim which made me nervous incase my engine decided to go. Not to long after ford held their hands up and started to recall cars. Mine had the recall done and after 3 years of ownership I sold the car. Within the first 1k miles of the 2nd owner the engine went at 29k miles and the new owner had to fork out and buy a new engine as I only had 3 years warranty and due to the car being modified. If I was to do it all again I'd have went with the ford approved mods fpm375. Not sure if the new mk4 st has any ford approved maps you's can run but if not then me personally I'd hold off and let someone else try it first.

I had a lucky escape with my car thankfully but at the same time it was **** for the next owner spending all that money for the engine to go not long after.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I tuned my mk3 rs basically as soon as I got it thinking it'll be fine what's the worst that could happen. Then a year into ownership I started seeing engine issues mentioned on the forum. 1 guy had his car mapped and was rejected a warranty claim which made me nervous incase my engine decided to go. Not to long after ford held their hands up and started to recall cars. Mine had the recall done and after 3 years of ownership I sold the car. Within the first 1k miles of the 2nd owner the engine went at 29k miles and the new owner had to fork out and buy a new engine as I only had 3 years warranty and due to the car being modified. If I was to do it all again I'd have went with the ford approved mods fpm375. Not sure if the new mk4 st has any ford approved maps you's can run but if not then me personally I'd hold off and let someone else try it first.

I had a lucky escape with my car thankfully but at the same time it was **** for the next owner spending all that money for the engine to go not long after.
Could you elaborate what engine issues you started to see please and which tune? Stage 2? Who was the tuner? etc

Was the issues due to the wrong head gasket, had the car overheaded before it got recalled and then got head gasket fixed?

Im sure the engine would have went without a tune if it was a result of the head gasket issue.. The map would just speed up the process. Do you know what was the said cause of the engine going at 29k?

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I didn't see any issues. I sold the car and within 1k miles the engine broke with the new owner. That's all I know about it. I ran a stage 1 Adam tune map with kms catback an induction kit and the car made 380bhp. I always warmed the car up before setting off and if driving quick I'd let the car cool down before getting home or wherever I was going. I had the headgasket recall done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts