Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
ive been after one of these for about 3 years now and now might be the time to buy one
i current have a bmw 530d which ive only had for a month but is nothing but problems. previously i owned a mazda rx8 and very much love the sporty side of driving.

im looking at a 56 plate st-2 will be around 13k to spend.
are there any known issues i need to look out for as i dont want to end up with another bmw lol!

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi

I would say BUY BUY BUY

I bought my st3 about 5 months ago and the only problem was some laquer coming off the front bumper

I have owned " sports type " cars for years and also owned a 230 rx8, great car
St has better fuel consumption that the 8 so that will be good

My made has had 2 second hand bm's and had nothin but bother

So i would get it and enjoy, sure other people will tell you what to look out for

I would also pay the members fee to get discounts on insurances etc....well worth the money

Steven

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I would buy it.

But to be honest you might be asking the wrong people on here.

We all love our st so we are going to say that.

I also agree with Stevie if you pay your members you will save loads more than what it cost's you on insurance alone never mind all the other discounts.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Don't think about it. Just buy an
. You won't regret it.

They are a superb car. I've owned lots of performance Fords & the
is the BEST!!!!!

As previously said, pay your £10 for full membership, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hello and
to the club. I dont think you will get many different answers on here, other than buy.
You should be able to get something a little newer than a 56 plate with 13K too.

·
Registered
705 Posts
a few of us me included have needed new alternators and i also was unlucky when my xenon bulb went as well
at £150 for a replacement but they are the only two things that i have had problems with over two years of ownership!

I would say get one the sound alone will have you hooked

Dont think am ever selling mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replys guys im looking at one today. i just cant decide between this and the astra vxr.
do you guys know something that the st has over the vxr? im just hooked on the orange

also what is the satnav like?

£10 sounds good, i paid £30 and rx8oc

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a VXR.. for 3weeks lol.. ( Mate offered me £350 more then I paid for it) I liked it.. But prefer the ST soooo much more. Much better car IMO.

Go for it

As I was reading this I was just having a conversation with a customer at work who was telling me his son was selling his BMW and looking at an RX8

Your dads names not Colin is it???

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Wow 13k for an 06 car I sold my November 07 white st3 with only 9000 miles on it for 12k 2 months ago lol!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got back from testing the vxr its a nice car but the wheels felt like they were just spinning lol and having trouble getting rid of the bmw i was offered 8k for a car i brought for 14k a month ago!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
QUOTE(XenonOrange @ 26 Nov 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the replys guys im looking at one today. i just cant decide between this and the astra vxr.
do you guys know something that the st has over the vxr? im just hooked on the orange

The
can put the power down on the road unlike the Vxr !!

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(XenonOrange @ 26 Nov 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the replys guys im looking at one today. i just cant decide between this and the astra vxr.

It won't leave you lightly killed by the side of the road after it's parked itself in a tree.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i sense hot hatch rivalry lol
i was impressed by the vxr's interior thou but you dont get that cool turbo gauage like you do on the st.
just waiting for the guy to get back to me regaurding a viewing for the focus

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I like the look of the VXR but after reading a few reviews and watching an old fifth gear vidio with VB (phoar!) comparing the two cars I didnt even bother getting a test drive in the Astra and ordered an ST

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I was in a similiar position and was considering a VXR or an ST,I am glad I bought the ST but still like the Arden Blue and Nurburgring edition VXR's

Apart from what other people have already said the Astra Sportshatch in general has bad rear vision due to a small back window and bulky rear pillars...this annoyed me when driving them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts