·
Registered
773 Posts
So long as you can meet these 4 requirements then you should be ok:

At an MOT each light needs to be:-

1. Visible to the rear from a reasonable distance,
2. Show the correct colour,
3. At least 50% of each lamp needs to be visible to the rear and
4. Two red reflectors are fitted symetrically, facing squarely to the rear and on either side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Less than 50% of the original light output is a fail.

Only thing in your favour is test stations have no equipment or tech data to measure against.

Bottom line will be, as always MOT testers descretion on the day.

Its more the police you have to watch out for, they think its too dark and they will tug you.

Use your common sense and you should be fine.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 3 Feb 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are not legal but you will probably get away with it unless the police man is in a mood.
Mine are the same tint as those and mine are legal!
Mine are even down on my insurance policy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your advice everyone. will soon find out if it passes its mot. booked in for next wed(fingers crossed).
read your post Donna,was very helpfull.Ta

your ST is looking cool.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Lights are designed and made to a specific standard and certified as suitable for road use, have the E on them changing them (spraying/tinting them etc) means they are no longer to the approved spec and should not be fitted to a road car etc.

A bit like getting a slightly altered numberplates, if not too bad you will normally get away with it, if real naughty you will get stopped etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.