Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I searched and couldn't find the info that I needed so thought I would ask here. Apologies if it's a total noob question.

On some of the ST's that I have seen the rear glass has quite heavy tinting.

Is this a factory option?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Dont quote me on this but I think privacy glass is available on the ST3 as standard and a option on ST2's

·
Registered
853 Posts
you cant even spec privacy glass now on the st2 which is really strange so i had to have tints,the st3 comes with privicy glass as standard

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
It doesn't suprise me as I went to the dealer a couple of weeks back to order a new ST but opted for the ST2 because I didn't want leather again and specifically told the guy I wanted privacy glass which was quoted in the price.
I didnt go ahead with it after they gave me a poor trade in on mine and I wonder if I did go ahead would it turn up with them

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys, that would make sense as I've seen some ST2's with and some without.

Slightly off topic but does the engine have a chain or cambelt?

The dealer told me chain.

·
Registered
557 Posts
cheers guys, that would make sense as I've seen some ST2's with and some without.

Slightly off topic but does the engine have a chain or cambelt?

The dealer told me chain.
Never stripped one of these engines or got the book on it, only seen that diagram that someone posted but from the service schedules ..

Extended service --

Camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idlers Every 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 304 9 and 21 306 5)
Auxiliary drive beltsEvery 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 567 5)

So dont think there are any chains

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never stripped one of these engines or got the book on it, only seen that diagram that someone posted but from the service schedules ..

Extended service --

Camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idlers Every 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 304 9 and 21 306 5)
Auxiliary drive beltsEvery 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 567 5)

So dont think there are any chains
Thanks sounds ok, currently got a Golf GTi that needs a new cambelt around 80k so 100k-125k sounds a lot better to me

Got an 08 in performance blue with 14k on the clock that sounds good, I think I will be taking a look

·
Registered
853 Posts
It doesn't suprise me as I went to the dealer a couple of weeks back to order a new ST but opted for the ST2 because I didn't want leather again and specifically told the guy I wanted privacy glass which was quoted in the price.
I didnt go ahead with it after they gave me a poor trade in on mine and I wonder if I did go ahead would it turn up with them
how come you didnt want leather? i miss the leather seats to be honest they seemed to be deeper ie the seat went further towards the back of your knee,leathers great for wiping up mess from leaking kids
had to have an st2 though because ive got another :censored: on the way and need the extra seat!now where's that scalpel

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Although the leather is easier to clean they are freezing to sit on in the winter and hot in the summer, but the main reason is the wear and the constant creaks everytime I go around a corner

Not big problems but having had a ST2 before I prefer the cloth.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Although the leather is easier to clean they are freezing to sit on in the winter and hot in the summer, but the main reason is the wear and the constant creaks everytime I go around a corner

Not big problems but having had a ST2 before I prefer the cloth.
Exactly the same here.

I got my M3 when it was 3 years old and the seats really let down the interior for me.

The ST is 4 years old when I got it and looks brand spanking new inside

Plus leather can get really slippery as well, not good lol

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
As we've gone completely off topic I will add my bit on seats

As Paul has mentioned already. Leather seats are very cold in winter (although front passengers are OK due to heating element). And very hot in summer (shorts not recommended). Also can be a bit slippery.

I prefer the heated Alcantara seats with leather bolsters I have on my Mondeo

·
Registered
197 Posts
As before, the 2010 spec means no privacy glass on ST2 but standard on ST3, if your looking at buying Facelift but pre 2010 you will find plenty of ST2's with Privacy glass Fitted, try ford direct, mine was sourced from there stocklist.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers for all the advice.

Been to Ford and going to get some pics sent over of a facelift 08 in performance blue, I think this could be the one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts