Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to say goodbye, me and
will say goodbye on the 18th

Loved all the 4 years but she has started to become a bit impractical for my needs.
Just got the Wolf CAI and Code: Red map to remove then she's chopped in against a Audi A4 3.2L Quattro, need the boot space and a towbar for my bike trailer.
So anybody interested in the CIA and Stage 2 Code:Red let me know, or I'll put them on eBay.
I assume that the Code:Red can be reset to go on another

Really enjoyed the Whitby runs, thanks everybody for making me welcome.

Caver/Scott

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Hi Scott, long time no hear fella

Sorry to hear you are selling up but needs must, nowt stopping you coming out for a run in the Audi though.

Take care and enjoy

Eric

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
QUOTE(ST225 @ 4 Jan 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to hear you are selling up but needs must, nowt stopping you coming out for a run in the Audi though.

Why not come along mate .... theres usually an RS4 ( and a merc tractor )in the mix nowadays.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
QUOTE(RIK @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why not come along mate .... theres usually an RS4 ( and a merc tractor )in the mix nowadays.

only jelouse 475 out of the last tank full .

All the best matey and happy motoring but keep in touch

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
All the best with whatever you settle on mate, hope I get 3/4 years fun out of my ST before I too have to opt for something a little more practical

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, never know, might still turn up for some rums, just the normal hassles of fitting in around trips offshore.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright Eric,

Hope you and the family had a great xmas and new year.
2009 just flew by for me, new seemed to have a free weekend, 2010 is also starting to look rather busy.
Just looking to see how I can improve on the 256bhp of the A4, Superchips can do me an extra 13 for +£200, not much of a gain for the money

Hopefully be able to fit a run with you guys!

QUOTE(ST225 @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Scott, long time no hear fella

Sorry to hear you are selling up but needs must, nowt stopping you coming out for a run in the Audi though.

Take care and enjoy

Eric

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
QUOTE(Caver @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Alright Eric,Hope you and the family had a great xmas and new year.2009 just flew by for me, new seemed to have a free weekend, 2010 is also starting to look rather busy.Just looking to see how I can improve on the 256bhp of the A4, Superchips can do me an extra 13 for +£200, not much of a gain for the money
Hopefully be able to fit a run with you guys!

Yes we did thanks mate, hope you did too.If the Audi is normally aspirated then I think you are going to struggle to hike the power without chucking loads of cash at it, personally I think I'd leave it alone.

QUOTE(bluestdublin @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats wrong with the boot in the ST would it not be bigger than an A4 but hope u enjoy your new car
You can't tow a trailer with an ST though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the boot is a little better on the
's that came without the spacesaver spare, autotrader say's they have 385 litres of space, the A4 Avant has 442 and you deffo can't fit a tow bar to an

QUOTE(bluestdublin @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats wrong with the boot in the ST would it not be bigger than an A4 but hope u enjoy your new car

·
Registered
328 Posts
Audis are nice cars. I cant think what the A4 looks like. Is that the one clarkson drove in the south of France. Is the Wolf CIA an enclosed unit?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Eric, I think I'll leave it alone, it's no slouch and sounds pretty good.

QUOTE(ST225 @ 4 Jan 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes we did thanks mate, hope you did too.If the Audi is normally aspirated then I think you are going to struggle to hike the power without chucking loads of cash at it, personally I think I'd leave it alone.
You can't tow a trailer with an ST though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the CAI

And heres the A4 I've bought

QUOTE(SL270 @ 4 Jan 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Audis are nice cars. I cant think what the A4 looks like. Is that the one clarkson drove in the south of France. Is the Wolf CIA an enclosed unit?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ah yes i know that car my ex boss had one of those. He gave me a lift up to a meeting once quick, comfy and quiet. I thinks i was thinking of the RS4.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well an RS4 or S4 was on the wish list, but I don't have the pennys

QUOTE(SL270 @ 4 Jan 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah yes i know that car my ex boss had one of those. He gave me a lift up to a meeting once quick, comfy and quiet. I thinks i was thinking of the RS4.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
QUOTE(Caver @ 4 Jan 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well an RS4 or S4 was on the wish list, but I don't have the pennys

One of his last posts as an ST owner could well be one of his funniest

New motah looks
, just don't forget where the indicators are

Can't help thinking that the SLK55 in the backdrop would have been nice though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
All the best mate and the A4 really is an awesome family wagon. We've had ours (albeit fuelled by the devils own derver) for over 3 years and 60k miles (now on 106k) and it's not missed a bit apart from a few notorious elec niggles.

I might be interested in the CAI kit and am only up the road in Aycliffe. Decided to keep the ST a wee while longer ;-)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's good to hear, hopefully no electrical niggles for me.
I'm open for offers on the CAI, it's still on the car at the moment, will be taking it off when I get home from the rig, probably over the weekend of the 15th.

QUOTE(Jimmy_RS @ 5 Jan 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the best mate and the A4 really is an awesome family wagon. We've had ours (albeit fuelled by the devils own derver) for over 3 years and 60k miles (now on 106k) and it's not missed a bit apart from a few notorious elec niggles.

I might be interested in the CAI kit and am only up the road in Aycliffe. Decided to keep the ST a wee while longer ;-)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hello Scott,

Sorry to hear you are moving across to VAG but have to be honest i kinda wish i had stuck to them too
Lee caught me at work today and mentioned that you were selling up and you had a few bits for sale, He mentioned some mud flaps?? Drop me a pm if you do Scott and Good luck with the new motor mate.

Christian.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts