Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi all
I'm picking up my new st this saturday and I had a call from the dealership
trying to scare me into purchasing a tilt sensor for £200+vat

my question is basically is it worth having one?
Also can I buy one and fit myself, noticed a few people selling they don't appear very expensive.
Thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
No way £200! Get some Mcguard ultra locking nuts for about £40, ford OEM ones are rubbish! If memory serves me right there are only 7 or so keys for them Fit your own tilt sensor - theres a guide in the technical section if you pay your £10 membership fee, easy job if you have any technical no-how. Very easy job for an auto-electrician if you have no technical no-how and should only cost you an hour of his time.

Dont pay Ford £200!!!!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I have Laserline one on my ST and are worth getting but I got mine off my sister who works for a car alarm company so just had to pay for it to be fitted by a auto electrician which was £50 iirc.

The actual sensor isnt expensive but you will need a relay to connect to the Ford alarm, either the autoelec can make one up for you or get one specified to the sensor.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I paid the £200 to Ford for mine simply because the car was brand new and I didn't want any warranty issues further down the line after some one else had been hacking into the electrics. By the time you buy the bits and pay an auto electrician to fit it you may be paying upwards of £100 anyway.
You pays your money and takes your choice. Simples !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.