Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I continue to look around to change up from my modified fiesta ST (mk6) to a focus ST (pre or post FL i don't mind), and have come across this: http://www.clevelandcarsales.co.uk/used/ford/focus/25-st-2-3dr/hull/east-yorkshire/16892335

After enquiring a little more, its an odd one...

1. its in 'Jeans Blue' not performance blue

2. 2 stamps in service book (last one at 7k in Nov 09)

3. Had 6 owners from new

4. Previous owner obviously swapped in the leather recaro's as it is classed as an ST-2 on docs

I know it sounds suspicious and wouldn't really want to trust it without 'documented' service history but who's to say it hasn't been looked after but not documented. Thoughts either way please?

Cheers!

· Registered
4,923 Posts
Hi guys,

I continue to look around to change up from my modified fiesta ST (mk6) to a focus ST (pre or post FL i don't mind), and have come across this: http://www.clevelandcarsales.co.uk/used/ford/focus/25-st-2-3dr/hull/east-yorkshire/16892335

3. Had 6 owners from new
4. Previous owner obviously swapped in the leather recaro's as it is classed as an ST-2 on docs

I know it sounds suspicious and wouldn't really want to trust it without 'documented' service history but who's to say it hasn't been looked after but not documented. Thoughts either way please?

Cheers!
1/ no, that's performance blue lol
2/ if the previous owners couldn't be bothered getting stamps, what else have they skimped on?
3/ this would bother me. You can't guarantee how it has been driven / maintained with 1 previous owner, let alone 6

· Registered
413 Posts
Hi guys,

3. Had 6 owners from new

Cheers!
6 owners????

Do you think they buy it this car for enjoying the service, and slow cruising for a really short time? :D

I don't think so. There is a big chance, that the most of the owners pushed this ST like hell.

· Registered
7,019 Posts
It looks a tidy car & in answer to your questions:-

1. Never heard of 'jeans blue'?! It's performance blue.

2. Lack of stamps may be a little concerning but would just make me give the car a good going over myself first.

3.These cars sometimes have a few owners mostly when people realise that they like drinking the petrol!!! As if a 2.5T does 55mpg!!!

4. Free leather upgrade!!

However I would strongly recommend you look at all the cars for sale on here first though as they will, in general, be in much better condition, well looked after, possibly already modified, & certainly cheaper than buying from trade!!

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses so far. Re the colour - I know the normal ST colour is performance blue but they have said this one is in 'Jeans blue' like the normal focus's of the time - perhaps a mistake from the factory and the original owner got a discount because of it. Ill email them again and get them to give me the paint code. And obviously they understand all the points i make and thats why they've priced a potentially 8.5-9k car at 7.5k asking price - if theres room to move down it might be worth me making the trip to view it.

Cheers.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
yeh on v5 it says st2. not sure if previous owner did the seats is a possibility im sure. unless it was like optional extras before the st3 came out?
Just had a quick check there mate, the ST2 facelift appears to have come with xenons as standard. I'm sure the ST2 & ST3 came out at the same time so the seats were probably done by previous owner, its not unheard of.

· Registered
352 Posts
Just because it's not got service stamps, doesn't mean it's not been looked after.
Mine doesn't, but I do it more regularly than stated, use premium products and do it as per the ford service schedule guide (parts for mileage), unless I think it should be done earlier.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.