Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a 6'11" garage? Does your car fit? Can you get out afterwards? Easily? 3 or 5 door?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i have a small council garage, dont know measurements.
i've stuck foam up on the walls just incase lol...
fat piece on back wall for the front of the car
piece on the wall for the n/s wing
piece for n/s mirror
piece for the drivers door (3dr) to rest the door for the most room.
is very tight but i am skinny lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
heres mine, cant be much bigger than 6'11" with the support pillars. note the foam on the right hand side across the wall n pillar. i always bring my n/s mirror in to give me a tiny bit more room

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
Mine is a tight squeeze with having a 3-door - front doors are much longer than the 5-door, but I can just get out if I park it just right, tight to the passenger mirror on the left ...

And I have a piece of thick carpet blu-tacked to the wall to open my door against..

Well worth it though for the added security and cheaper insurance

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(s2-st170 @ 23 Feb 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have a small council garage, dont know measurements.
i've stuck foam up on the walls just incase lol...
fat piece on back wall for the front of the car
piece on the wall for the n/s wing
piece for n/s mirror
piece for the drivers door (3dr) to rest the door for the most room.
is very tight but i am skinny lol

How much foam
do you just slide it inbetween all the foam

Mine is also a council garage i just have one piece of foam for the drivers door against the wall, then just leave the handbrake off and push the car forward just far enough to close the garage door.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How big are your garages though guys?

Most common single doors are 6'6", 6'11" 7' or 7'6"

Chrissy, that looks like a Cardale door, they'll normally have the size written on the back.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Another thing to do to get the car as close to the back wall as possible is to hang a tennis ball from the roof with string, when it touches the front, stop.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
My garage is 10 wide (intenarly) but woudl still think the 3dr ST would be tight (the Elise lives in there and I stil have pipe insulating foam tubes on the walls).

Some advice (from owning an Elise which are pigs to get out of) if it is tight squeezing out pull your seat all the way back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts