Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
This ive seen in the flesh a few times and its a minter it really is and ive met both owners
be great car for some one . it was acientones cars first then woodside of here .

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE(jonn @ 4 Jan 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thats what i thought troy

ime suprised it isnt the first of the 500

The first ST500 (1/500) is currently for sale in a wolverhampton Ford dealer and is around 16k

They also have a brand new blue RS for sale (cancelled order)....

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
It would cost them a bit more because the supplier would have to tool up each badge individually and I'm not sure how they'd work at getting the necessary approvals when each part is different. Easier to manage in the factory too.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 5 Jan 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would cost them a bit more because the supplier would have to tool up each badge individually and I'm not sure how they'd work at getting the necessary approvals when each part is different. Easier to manage in the factory too.

Ah, i never thought of it like that
you learn something new every day i guess.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 5 Jan 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would cost them a bit more because the supplier would have to tool up each badge individually and I'm not sure how they'd work at getting the necessary approvals when each part is different. Easier to manage in the factory too.

That might be why the Mk1 FRS lost Ford money by individual build numbers

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 5 Jan 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would cost them a bit more because the supplier would have to tool up each badge individually and I'm not sure how they'd work at getting the necessary approvals when each part is different. Easier to manage in the factory too.

and whoever got numbers after 500 would be a bit gutted

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Paulted @ 6 Jan 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That might be why the Mk1 FRS lost Ford money by individual build numbers

I can think of 1 or 2 other reasons too!

Ain't rocket science to number up cars individually but costs a lot more than banging out 500 (or so) badges saying '1 of 500' especially if they've blown the budget already on pimping up the interior with red leather lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.