Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFTER OWNING A FEW PERFORMANCE CARS IN MY TIME , FIRST A CIVIC TYPE-R THEN A WRX IMPREZA THEN A IMPREZA P1, IVE BEEN WITH OUT A CAR FOR A YEAR NOW AS I HAVE A VAN , NOW I WANT TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AGAIN AND IM THINKING OF AN ST2 AS MY MATE IS SELLING HIS - ST2 06 36000 MILES 9K, WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS TO ST OWNERSHIP AND WHAT DO I NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR WHEN I BUY ONE, MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS .

DAVE

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
hi scooby dave & welcome to the club. things to look for are the alternator, & oil filter housing diaphram. these are known to fail.
ask your mate if they've ever been replaced. also fuel consumption! expect 18mpg in town & 25 combined.
's like quality tyres. worn & miss matched tyres send the esp haywire. plenty of other info on here mate. oh turn of your caps lock mate. capitals infer shouting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
things to look for are the alternator, & oil filter housing diaphram. these are known to fail.
What exactly can you look for to make sure these are okay??

I was looking to buy from a main dealer, but there's a nice facelift one that's a year newer, less miles on a private sale, but I don't want to be stung!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers lads its always good when u find a helpfull forum, some can be absolute nightmares, im picking the car up this fri, took it for a spin last night and was suprised how tidy it was and how good the interior is - sweet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.