11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day off today just had to wash the
after long drive at the weekend its was filthy

Nothing wrong with that you say ?? It was in the rain got some odd looks

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You're fine mate, it was snowing here and I was about to give it a wash (and clay etc!!) but thought best not if it starts freezing on the car mid-wash

Had it been raining though i would have done the same as I have many times before. I am a bit of a car cleaning obsessive compulsive

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(stevie b asbo @ 16 Dec 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Day off today just had to wash the

It's your car mate. You wash it when you want

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You took a day off work to wash your car? Or you had the day off and decided to wash your car (in the rain)?

I had 60 days leave to use this year after a tour away and took a whole week off purely with the intention of prepping, polishing and waxing my previous car, clocked up about 15hours on the beast in total

Sold it in the space of 1 day on Autotrader though, so in my opinion was worth it

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(stevie b asbo @ 16 Dec 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Day off today just had to wash the

As long as you are happy mate

I would not worry what anybody else thinks

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had 60 days leave to use this year after a tour away and took a whole week off purely with the intention of prepping, polishing and waxing my previous car, clocked up about 15hours on the beast in total

Sold it in the space of 1 day on Autotrader though, so in my opinion was worth it

I spent a day on my sons last car and sold it within days cant beat a good shine
O C D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It is called saving water.

It got rinsed off for free with the rain

I will also have a quiet word with you know who, to see if he can help

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...and took a whole week off purely with the intention of prepping, polishing and waxing my previous car, clocked up about 15hours on the beast in total

I could think of nothing more boring
I leave it to the guys in shopping centre car parks to clean mine, kills two unpleasant birds/chores with one stone, shopping and car cleaning.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I could think of nothing more boring
I leave it to the guys in shopping centre car parks to clean mine, kills two unpleasant birds/chores with one stone, shopping and car cleaning.

I find it theraputic and massivlely rewarding to be honest...til you hit a puddle

Each to their own though, my missus doesn't get it at all!

As for the dudes in the car parks, who knows how many times they've dropped that sponge in the grit and re-used it on your paintwork
Nearly as bad as the dreaded car wash, don't start me on them

·
Registered
269 Posts
On the isle of man you've no choice but to wash your car in the rain

I love it! Yeah i get strange looks but it's only jealousy because they've not got a

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You would think in scotland with all the rain my car would be not too bad but noooo im testing a new colour of ST at the moment its called anthracite blue
and the side windows have the smoked/smeared look. Must clean it soon

·
Registered
973 Posts
In the last year year since I bought the car I must have booked at least 2 weeks off to detail it if not more... I had a whole week off to clean if before FITP
I guess that makes that me a certified OCD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nothing wrong with that Stevie.. I did exactly the same thing
Had intended to do it at the weekend but didn't get time and I just couldn't leave it any longer..

Didn't actually take the day off to do it mind, I was off anyway and just spent an hour in the rain washing it

Dreading the drive to work in the morning now though, I'm gonna be swerving round puddles and everything

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Washing the car in the rain is the best time, you move the mud and you get an instant rinse from the rain. If it's really turding it down, I'll be out there with a sponge to clean the car.

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Sus @ 16 Dec 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You would think in scotland with all the rain my car would be not too bad but noooo im testing a new colour of ST at the moment its called anthracite blue
and the side windows have the smoked/smeared look. Must clean it soon

Thats how mine looked Sus
just had to give her a wash like orange
not anthracite
and yes you must clean it sooner

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 16 Dec 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I could think of nothing more boring

If you value your car and its paintwork, then I would not let them near it! Old dirty rag's with stones in, from doing Mr BMW's company car that was caped in mud does not help matters.

+1 on spending time doing the car properly every week, then twise a year mine goes off to a pro for a thorough 2 day detail.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts