Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per the title the world hasn't ended, shocker!

fun fact: if it had have ended at 00:00 i would have died outside my house trimming my mud flaps! what a way to go

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
It isn't supposed to end until 11.11am

* If your reading this after this time then you are a Survivor!*

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It's funny how the calendar they found earlier this year showing dates thousands of years past the calendar that ended today never made to it to main stream media.

·
Registered
218 Posts
At about 11 o'clock there was the weirdest noise outside - I work within 6 miles of some RAF bases and the army and there's an airstrip about 2 miles away that services massive cargo planes - anyway it sounded like a plane circling above - but with a blue sky I couldn't spot one- the noise was just like the jet engines firing but would then just disappear and then come back 5 mins later. Very odd.
Happened about 8 or 9 times and then never again - I thought the world was actually going to end and this was the noise it was going to make, but it didn't - ah boo, thought I'd ought to get on with some work then! lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At about 11 o'clock there was the weirdest noise outside - I work within 6 miles of some RAF bases and the army and there's an airstrip about 2 miles away that services massive cargo planes - anyway it sounded like a plane circling above - but with a blue sky I couldn't spot one- the noise was just like the jet engines firing but would then just disappear and then come back 5 mins later. Very odd.
Happened about 8 or 9 times and then never again - I thought the world was actually going to end and this was the noise it was going to make, but it didn't - ah boo, thought I'd ought to get on with some work then! lol
sound anything like this?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lol we was blasting at the quarry rock face at work today at 11.00am lol that had few people shocked who didnt know on site lol.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
I heard a strange noise around 10 on Thursday night! Went out to check on the owls and there was a noise that i could only describe as being like the low throbbing noise you get from a big diesel engine like on a ship, or like one of those chavved up stereos in a car a long way away? Didnt think much of it at the time as they are doing some building work over the back but then when i mentioned it to Kirsty she said a few other people who live a few miles away had seperately posted up about the noise on Facebook! Weird!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts