Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
36-38mpg on a motorway run 22 24mpg round town sorry i don't really get the point of the video.
They are good figures for the motorway!!

Though I don't own an ST (not yet), reading the famous MPG thread the most anyone has seen is 30mpg on average plus when I ask people about the ST they always hit out its a gas guzzler.

Very reassuring to see this though Gaz as the majority of my miles will be motorway!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
They are good figures for the motorway!!

Though I don't own an ST (not yet), reading the famous MPG thread the most anyone has seen is 30mpg on average plus when I ask people about the ST they always hit out its a gas guzzler.

Very reassuring to see this though Gaz as the majority of my miles will be motorway!
i did stoke to doncaster a few weeks ago 110 miles on a quarter of a tank, i think that's really good, its all about how far you press the pedal.

it is a fuel guzzler if you want it to be, can easily go to 12-14mpg with 320bhp on tap.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I can average 36.5 over a 5 day commute, 80% motorway. That figure dives dramatically when it hits the weekend tho

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i did stoke to doncaster a few weeks ago 110 miles on a quarter of a tank, i think that's really good, its all about how far you press the pedal.

it is a fuel guzzler if you want it to be, can easily go to 12-14mpg with 320bhp on tap.
My new job in the city centre of Glasgow hence no parking! So it won't be used going then.
My girlfriends house however is 34 miles away, 32 of them motorway - I had already accepted that if i saw 30 mpg that would be good going.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if your getting reasonable mpg your not driving the st good enough
why worry about mpg i wouldnt im down to 16 mpg round town
and lucky to see 27 mpg on the motorway pmsl

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
12-14?! Get it on a track and you'll be lucky to see double figures.
Lol i reckon id be lucky to see 5mpg on the track mate, got a few more thinks on my list before i track day it (k sport 8 pots) rear roll bar blisten b8 and a spare set of wheels first......oh and an Rs dmf & clutch lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have worked out my average to heathrow and back before brimmed done the journey then filled back up worked out as 21 mpg
200 mile round tripwas on fuel light by time i got back

1 - 20 of 24 Posts