Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wondering if people knew about the dipping the clutch flicker the throttle around 2,000 RPM to get the exhaust to pop, just gauging interest as mine sounds epic with the Full Milltek turbo back
like a shotgun really loud through built up areas

Gaz.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep, but don't do it too often to save the cat.
Haha yeah true that, ill only really sort of get some air in an just get one massive bang that's it, i know if you keep flicking it pops reptitively can be quite addicting
, just went for a drive an saw Mr. David Beckham waiting for me to pass so he could turn his road and i let one off as i went passed hehe

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Discovered this the other day. I think the cold weather is helping also.

Mongoose turbo back with decat. AWESOME!

I'll get some videos up with my go pro

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha i love it! even though I think don't do it then i do, thing is i have a resonate cat back pipe, do kinda want a non resonated as I've heard it's more intense

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Sometimes it can be really loud.

If you give it a quick blip when changing up it'll pop too without being on boost.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i've noticed when on boost say 3rd up into 4th quickly change it pops also i've noticed when changing down the gears it grumbles an pops aswell just epic!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
interesting i think as there may be a few guys on here who haven't tried before i know with the standard exhaust it done it aswell funny what you find

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've still got the standard exhaust and get pops every so often... mainly in the cold and when it's not all up to temp or after i've been for a 'spirited' drive somewhere and sat at the traffic lights. Just sit there doing small blips... i figure that when the Cat goe's, i'll just whack a de-cat in anyway lol

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
interesting i think as there may be a few guys on here who haven't tried before i know with the standard exhaust it done it aswell funny what you find
I think most people tend not to do it as they have mechanical sympathy for their car. Pops and bangs on gear change are normal but dipping the clutch and forcing unburnt fuel through the engine isn't going to do your engine or cat any good in the long run.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do have mechanical sympathy for my car it's not a ragged toy im just saying on the odd occassion? to have a little bit of fun once in a while and having a brother like mine who's a mechanic, pretty mechanically minded as I think some people wouldn't even know, with all the cars i've owned they've all been well looked after an spent more on keeping them pristine when I didn't need too.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
I do have mechanical sympathy for my car it's not a ragged toy im just saying on the odd occassion? to have a little bit of fun once in a while and having a brother like mine who's a mechanic, pretty mechanically minded as I think some people wouldn't even know, with all the cars i've owned they've all been well looked after an spent more on keeping them pristine when I didn't need too.
I'm not having a go at you or insinuating that you 'rag' your car. Just expect problems if you keep doing it, that's all. Someone may read this with no mechanical knowledge and think it's perfectly fine to do this not realising it could cause them issues later on down the line.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not having a go at you or insinuating that you 'rag' your car. Just expect problems if you keep doing it, that's all. Someone may read this with no mechanical knowledge and think it's perfectly fine to do this not realising it could cause them issues later on down the line.
Okay that's fine lol, it's not like I do it all the time an i do feel guilty once i have done it but once in a while, which yeah fair enough points out to other members if they try it they know of implications that could be caused.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i can get some reasonable pops from the standard exhaust by dipping the clutch and bliping the throttle. not really bothered if it kills the cat tbh, would be a great excuse to get a 100 cell

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
"To anybody thinking of doing this please be aware" - It only takes one good BANG to destroy the cat, it is not a cumulative thing like smoking does to your health. Then sure you can get a decat, but come MOT time you will need to spend a few hundred £'s on a sportcat to pass it. So one way or another they could certainly be expensive pops and bangs.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts