Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
For those of you who're avid readers of this forum, you may have noticed a little 'competitive spirit' creeping in between some of us Forza 3 players. Jared (Speedfreek) and I were setting ever-quicker times in the Corvette #4 C6.R '07 on the Nurburgring.. This was inevitably posted on the forum (in a complete thread derailment; hence this new one) and Aaron joined in the fun as well. I set a rocking 7.21sec time (please note I was using Jared's profile on his 360):

Then a 7.17:

Then Aaron
on my chips:

However, I have just re-taken the lead with a storming 7.14sec run...!

The ball is well and truly back in your court Aaron...

If anyone else wants to have a go, that's the car to use for now. There are NO mods to mine in terms of gearing or suspension settings, it's box-fresh.

EDIT: BALLSACKS, I'M IN THE WRONG CAR. I should be in the '07 car. Dammit, back to the beginning again. I guess Aaron's time still stands.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha, not to worry, I've just smashed it in the correct car..

Phil > I'm here despite, not because.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I love a challenge. Personally the more you drink the better you drive, more committed to the corners, drive harder and faster, brake later than you should,lol. Give me to the morning and see if i can do it, The worst that can happen is i fall asleep in half an hour after drinking 2 bottles of Scotland's finest.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I knew this would bring out the competitive element of the forum.

This is the one place where racing each other is MANDATORY and won't result in post deletions.
Let's see you all post your best times! I'm now done for the night, don't think I can go much faster than that (although I did tell Jared I reckoned there was a 7.13 in there, spookily enough!). It'll be interesting to set the pace in some other cars and see how we all get on. I've already posted a sub 6:30 time in one of the Le Mans cars (Peugeot I think). But for now, the challenge is the 'Vette.

Oh, and I use a manual box, not an auto as well - however if you're rubbish and need your gears shifted for you then so be it.

I like using the 'Ring as a challenge as it's hard to get a consistent lap due to the length of it. It's a real test of ability this one..
And a quick pic of the screen is required for proof, preferably with your PSN name visible to prove it's you!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I am not the best at forza but i will have a quick go
My gamer tag is : harmy2010

I was about to go to sleep but i am gonna have a quick sprint around the track before my assault on my day off tomorrow

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ACTUALLY NO CHEATING!!!AND BY THAT I MEAN NO REWINDS!!!Xbox live leaderboards show if rewind was used
(caps was on by purpose
)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I knew i was a bad idea you going and buying it . I know you wont give up until you are the fastest
. As i said in another post , i think i have gone as fast as i can on the Ring , and thats nowhere near your time . I am at least 15 seconds off yours and Aarons time .

I will keep trying , but and going to set some times in other cars on other circuits . I shall post up pics when i have done so and see what other people can do .

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I don't really use the rewinds any more, but I do take liberties with some of the kerbs.....enough to trigger the triangle. I would allow you to post a time with a warning triangle, as I think the 'Ring would be impossible to do without triggering at least one.

I have ABS, TCS and Stability on at present, however when I was playing in one of the other cars at Jared's the other week, I was quicker with stability off.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Suprisingly this is my only voyage around the ring' in the new game. Anyone else using the Xbox 360 steering wheel? It is so hard to control that Vette' for the whole lap with the wheel(or at least i am finding it hard
) Anyway there is my lap 7m 26.1. I am not sure i can beat Gav's time but i am sure i can get within a couple of seconds
Got to stop short shifiting and being a bit braver in the high speed bits

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I only have ABS on. Maybe i may try it with TCS because the back end is very light. anything but a gentle prod of the pedal causes the car to spin out no matter how quick i take the lock off

As for triangles i agree it is impossible to do the track without one coming up due to the narrow nature of it. I would like to get a laguna seca or silverstone one going after the ring' king is crowned(see what i did there with Ring and King?
)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I only have TCS on but I'm using a auto box
, don't like the manual box as I find myself looking at the rev counter way to much which results in me crashing.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Ryan, go get yourself a nice shiny Elite with Forza 3 mate.

QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 15 Jan 2010, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I only have ABS on. Maybe i may try it with TCS because the back end is very light. anything but a gentle prod of the pedal causes the car to spin out no matter how quick i take the lock off

As for triangles i agree it is impossible to do the track without one coming up due to the narrow nature of it. I would like to get a laguna seca or silverstone one going after the ring' king is crowned(see what i did there with Ring and King?
)

I don't mind people posting with assists or using an auto box (although I hate automatic boxes as they tend to shift at the most inappropriate times!). Bottom line is that if you're lapping at these sorts of times, you're pretty handy at it either way.. And besides, it's just a bit of fun!

Please feel free to add me to your friends lists if you want to.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(theboy @ 15 Jan 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did a 6.59 in my modded Fiesta but alas i have no proof

...which is broadly irrelevant. I've done a sub-6:30 in one of the Peugeots, but we're not talking about those right now. Get in the standard Corvette C6.R '07 and set a lap time. Take a pic of the screen and upload it to here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Righty! i'll be up for this, normally drive with all driving aids off including the racing lines. Might stick TC on for the Corvette thou. I'll paste some times over the weekend.

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(Gav @ 15 Jan 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...which is broadly irrelevant. I've done a sub-6:30 in one of the Peugeots, but we're not talking about those right now. Get in the standard Corvette C6.R '07 and set a lap time. Take a pic of the screen and upload it to here.

Ok keep your hair on. I dont even know what a good time is, i just came up with a time and car

1 - 20 of 124 Posts