Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie...

Many thanks to Simon at Tarnock Garage for his help last Saturday morning.

Bought a facelift 6-CD MP3 capable radio from eBay for Rambo, to replace the original "green screen" Sony headunit.

Unfortunately, a previous owner had obviously been there before me - the original radio was wedged in solid, twisted on it's runners and one of the clips broken.

Simon graciously spent a good 2 hours and probably around a litre of blood helping me remove the old radio, and fit the new one - and he didn't charge me a bean.

Good man - much appreciated.

There is no way I would have been able to do it on my own.

So, after cleaning up Simon's arterial spray from the inside of the cabin (thank God for leather seats), Rambo has a brand new radio!!

Once again, many thanks Simon - very sorry a quick 5 minute "please could you pop my old radio" job turned into a two hour epic........

·
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Storm @ 21 Jan 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lets see a pic Dave

Want to see Rambo's new knobs and all

OK - can do.

It's just that it looks like a facelift radio!!
I didn't think anyone would be particularly interested to be honest!!

But, I can do a picture!! Have to wait 'till this evening - Rambo is tucked up at home in the garage.

·
1,285 Posts
Well I want to see it

Been looking at upgrading mine for a while, and believe it or not, I haven't actually seen inside a facelift ST yet ..... too afraid I will like it more and want one to replace my beloved Ava

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have the pre-facelift green sony headunit, also have ford bluetooth

if i bought a facelift sony headunit, would the bluetooth work with the new radio?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You didnt by any chance buy it a week last sunday on ebay for 255 quid winnig at the last second did you? Is it the one with the satnav built in i was biddin on one and got pipped at the last second if it was that was some nifty fast typing to beat me lol, Glad you got it sorted though mate

·
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(duckpond @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have the pre-facelift green sony headunit, also have ford bluetooth

if i bought a facelift sony headunit, would the bluetooth work with the new radio?

Not a clue.

Possibly.

But you'd have to check with someone in the know - and that isn't me I'm afraid.

QUOTE(Scully @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Storm is right.

Yeah, yeah - I've been busy. I'll get a picture up soon.

It's all "want, want, want" with you lot.....
QUOTE(rosscopeco13 @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You didnt by any chance buy it a week last sunday on ebay for 255 quid winnig at the last second did you? Is it the one with the satnav built in i was biddin on one and got pipped at the last second if it was that was some nifty fast typing to beat me lol, Glad you got it sorted though mate

Nope. Not guilty.

This one doesn't have SatNav.

Although, this was my second attempt - I got beaten on my first bidding effort too. Chuffing annoying!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts