Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been only registering between 0 and -1 at the lowest,and its clearly alot colder than that.
any ideas?

i did last week pull the kam fuse to reset the oil temp which got stuck on 0,and that worked.

example,got in the car tonight after finishing work temp was 0,after driving for 2/3 mins it dropped to -1,but god damn it was freezing.

Ta,
Stu.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think that mine under-reads to be honest (or should that be over-read)

Every other thermometer and car has been saying it was colder than my car said it was

·
Registered
174 Posts
the coldness isnt just how cold theres also wind temp which makes it feel colder than it is. So could the car be right at -1 and then add wind chill it would be say -5?? just a thought.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see what your saying,but then when i going at say 60 mph,then it'd show alot colder.

anybody know where it gets it temp from? i.e. where abouts in the engine bay?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What i mean is We as humans feel its colder due to wind chill factor IE we think its -10 where as the cars only saying -1 which is prob the ture outside temp without awind chill factor.

Other wise if u drove on the motorway -1(true outside tempture) with a 60mph wind chill the car would tell us god knows what.
I often think the cars wrong with the temp but it normally matchs my dad temp in his passat.
I know my car today said -1 but my scangauge air intake temp said -3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts