Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, wonder if anyone can help. On my vehicle logbook it states that the engine size is 2,521cc (I thought the ST engine was 2,522cc)

The Volvo C30 T5 has an engine size of 2,521cc but the power figures are only 200bhp with the same torque of 236ft/lb

Does anyone else have this engine size in the logbook and is it anything to be concerned about?

Cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just checked my V5, and it states 5221cc. Hopefully nothing to worry about! I'm on an 06 plate (july) Is yours anywhere near that?

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(TobyB @ 26 Nov 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just checked my V5, and it states 5221cc. Hopefully nothing to worry about! I'm on an 06 plate (july) Is yours anywhere near that?

I want your ST!!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Power figs I've seen for the C5 T5 are pretty much identical to the ST give or take a bhp or 2, Volvo quote it at 230ps on their own website.

The Ford Kuga T5 is around the 200bhp mark though with same torque as the ST.

Don't think I'd be getting worried about a difference of 1cc on the quoted engine size.

But a 5L ST is another matter

·
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(rickylee @ 26 Nov 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As Troy said, 1cc is minuscule, absolutely nothing to worry about!

5L lol
vroom vroom

It's not the 1cc that I'm worried about, more the fact that the quoted BHP figures for the Volvo C30 T5 engine are about 20 BHP down on the ST. Just thinking that maybe Ford installed some lower specced engines on some ST's? Possible shortage, blah, etc, maybe my car has a less powewful 2,521cc engine that was supposed to end up in a different car or even people carrier? Hopefully I'm just looking too much into it. May get the car on a rolling road and see what she's putting out (completely standard 57 plate).

Thanks for your responses and reassurance folks

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Where did you see the figures for the C30 T5 being 200bhp? like I posted above Volvo themselves claim 230PS which equates to 227bhp.

Reckon you'll find that Ford fit the same 2.5T engine in the C30, Galaxy, SMax, Mondeo, ST, Kuga etc and any power differences are due to intake/exhaust differences plus ECU mapping.

Can't see Ford fitting lower spec engines (if 1 existed) in the event of a shortage - they'd then have to install a different ECU calibration not proven or tested in that vehicle etc.

·
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 26 Nov 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where did you see the figures for the C30 T5 being 200bhp? like I posted above Volvo themselves claim 230PS which equates to 227bhp.

Reckon you'll find that Ford fit the same 2.5T engine in the C30, Galaxy, SMax, Mondeo, ST, Kuga etc and any power differences are due to intake/exhaust differences plus ECU mapping.

Can't see Ford fitting lower spec engines (if 1 existed) in the event of a shortage - they'd then have to install a different ECU calibration not proven or tested in that vehicle etc.

I got the figures from http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/new_car_reviews/

So you reckon I'm worrying for nothing? If I were to get a power run on a rolling road, what could I expect from a standard ST at the wheels?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts