Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says am coming over for a week in july getting the ferry to belfast then staying in county monaghan.

Do i need GB stickers etc for my car when am driving over there, and will i have to notify my insurance?

Cheers

Dave

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 29 Jan 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As the title says am coming over for a week in july getting the ferry to belfast then staying in county monaghan.

Do i need GB stickers etc for my car when am driving over there, and will i have to notify my insurance?

Cheers

Dave
no sure about the GB stickers mate, see loads of english cars in the south without them. im from the north/uk, not required here. think your safer to inform your ins anyway. also i think you're required to carry your ins documents in the south. i never do anytime im over the border, but i suppose i should. never heard of any problems though. there is no border as such now, just a few signs & miles /speed in km. enjoy your trip and stay away from cheap motion lotion! (petrol) this island is the world leader in laundered low quality fuel & it will
your st! stick to well known brands,bp etc. enjoy your stay & enjoy the "craic"

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 29 Jan 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no sure about the GB stickers mate, see loads of english cars in the south without them. im from the north/uk, not required here. think your safer to inform your ins anyway. also i think you're required to carry your ins documents in the south. i never do anytime im over the border, but i suppose i should. never heard of any problems though. there is no border as such now, just a few signs & miles /speed in km. enjoy your trip and stay away from cheap motion lotion! (petrol) this island is the world leader in laundered low quality fuel & it will
your st! stick to well known brands,bp etc. enjoy your stay & enjoy the "craic"

Cheers for the info mate. Much appreciated, will stay away from the dodgy "Motion Lotion", dont fancy pushing the car home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.