Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea, but is it possible to "tag" people in threads?
Bit like Facebook...

For example, if we're discussing something in a thread, and we know another forum member could contribute, we could say "Joe Bloggs has this fitted" etc.

This then creates a hyperlink that anyone can click to PM the member, and also sends a notification to the member that their name has been mentioned in a post.

Just an idea?

Might be impossible, or a lot of hard work, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Don't really see the point.

Person A: starts a thread asking about X product.
Person B: posts saying Person C has this and links him to PM.
Person A: thanks Person B and PM's Person C.

The thread dies and no one else knows what's been discussed and knowledge about said product isn't shared that others might be interested in hearing.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't really see the point.

Person A: starts a thread asking about X product.
Person B: posts saying Person C has this and links him to PM.
Person A: thanks Person B and PM's Person C.

The thread dies and no one else knows what's been discussed and knowledge about said product isn't shared that others might be interested in hearing.
I thought that would be a response, but then no one else apart from the OP gets to hear the person's thoughts.
At least if the other person is pointed towards the post, everyone gets to hear what they have to say.

Like I said, might be a
idea, but just putting it out there.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I've often thought this would be a good idea, OP has a problem/question, someone tags "MrX" in the post who may know, "MrX" is notified he's been mentioned and looks at the post and responds on the post. Then everyone will know!

Its no different to now when someone say PM "MrX" he/she's had this or knows this. Then PMs are sent and no one is any the wiser, if nothing else is written on the thread!

Personally I think it'd be a good idea!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like this you mean?? AndyC
Yeh. But also so I get a pm to say my names been mentioned in a post. We're half way there.

And obviously the way you did the above required a bit more than just typing @AndyC for example.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
[ member = ' AndyC ' ] without the spaces does the profile link but as for a pm to say you've been tagged that's up to the admin but I can't see it being very difficult to do

as you say.. halfway there

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
I don't think there is a way to do this automatically. Dave's suggestion is the best way I can think of.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Yeh. But also so I get a pm to say my names been mentioned in a post. We're half way there.

And obviously the way you did the above required a bit more than just typing @AndyC for example.
Did you get a notification that your name had been mentioned??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts