Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Sync / Bluetooth iPod problems

425 views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  garypa28 
#1 ·
I'm posting this here as its ice related I suppose, feel free to move it to appropriate section .

Sync will not play iPod , message says USB drive error , so I started BT streaming from iPhone and it was fine until I stopped to fill up , got back in and now it won't stream either .

Every thing else works fine , had this happen a while back and had software update done at fords and its been fine since then .

In the menu there is a sync reset , but I'm not sure wether to try it as I'm not sure what it will do and I might lose the emergency assist that was added , any ideas would be appreciated as I don t want another trip to fords

Cheers in advance

Just a thought. Is it because its got 5 doors LOL

#2 ·
Lol @ 5 doors
I don't use iAnything so can't help I'm afraid. I've got a USB stick and a Windows Phone 7 phone, all works lovely
I'm also not sure what the reset does, at a guess I'd say it does a factory reset - whether that will lose any upgrades or not is an unknown. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

#3 ·
I have had problems , with iPod sync, sometimes I can get in it won't work, other times it won't let me change track, lately every time I get in it always says track 1 , sometimes I unplug and reset iPod , might work for a bit. Is there a limit on songs u can have as I have now got an iPod classic??

#6 ·
No idea on the ipod situation or the sync reset, most sync info is online but you should be able to check the emergency assist option via the H.U.

press the phone button & when you scroll down you should have an emergency assistance option that you could enable/disable. Not sure how it could have been 'added' as a later feature.

#7 ·
It was added as an upgrade to Gary's and Kev's cars as they had really early cars with a slightly older version of Sync. A couple of others had to get the upgrade too.

Reactions: BaldGit83
#13 ·
Had a look today and found 2 fuses with audio on them ,nothing with sync, was about to pull fuses ten had a thought about radio code

Nothing in the handbook and no code card , so thought I'd give rates a call and spoke to a tech there who confirmed these radios don't have a code ,and pulling the fuse is 1 of the methods they use to reboot the system , he said pull and wait 30 mins for it to power down .

So will try tomorrow

I tried the reset and all it did was to clear the bonded phone , didn't change any settings at all

#14 ·
So much for the reset being scary then lol. Let us know what happens when you pull the fuse, assuming the world doesn't end as a result...

#15 ·
Pulled the fuse today left it for 30 minutes and replaced it

Still getting the same issues , but all the settings remained the same as if the-power hadn't been disconnected .

I did try to turn the radio on to check it was the correct fuse and it wouldn't come on , perhaps might have to leave it longer

#18 ·
Just because your phone doesn't work with it? That's a bit harsh. My phone works perfectly with it - finally there's a benefit to owning a Windows phone

#21 ·
Quick update

Just as I said about fuse , there is 2 for the sync and I pulled the wrong 1 ,found another members post that said he's pulled fuse 67
So tried today left for 30 seconds and now all is good again

So people , fuse 67 in passenger. Footwell fuse box seems to be the. CNTRL. ALT. AND DELETE and reboots the sync save a trip to the
Dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.