Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little question, I have not long picked up my MK4 ST (2 weeks now) and wanted to make sure the Sync 3 system was up to date but when I put my VIN in on the site it says that my vehicle is not equipped with Sync. Is this something that normally happens with a new car and I have to wait a period of time? If so what is the wait for the site to be updated? Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,498 Posts
Is your VIN showing up on Etis yet?

The latest public versions are:

Sync 3.3.19052

F8 maps

1.1.1.1319 (EU-0010) Gracenotes

You can build the updates yourself with links to the files direct from Ford servers (using your VIN just puts the package together for you and prompts you to upload the xml after so it's logged, but it's the same files).

However I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are confident with computers and that sort of thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Checked again this morning and my VIN is now showing that I have sync and it is up to date. It was exact 1 month from picking up the car. All good now 😁

·
Registered
242 Posts
I jumped into my car today and on start up noticed different graphics on the sync display. It has updated itself over the air. My car sits on the house wifi when its parked up but it could have done it over the built in 4g. I did nothing. Can't say I am keen on it up to now, think it looked better before. The map size in the home screen seems smaller. And its all very blue, not sure what else has changed but I seem to be able to access Ford Pass via bluetooth, that would never work before. Checked and it's version 3.4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I updated my Sync to 3.4 and now I dont the the ST Ford performance animation when I turn the engine off like it used to. I know how to get into the settings and change the theme but it appears to working intermittently or not at all. Anything Im missing please?

·
Registered
Mk4 ST m365
150 Posts
Font Rectangle Material property Pattern Parallel

Hi,

I updated my Sync to 3.4 and now I dont the the ST Ford performance animation when I turn the engine off like it used to. I know how to get into the settings and change the theme but it appears to working intermittently or not at all. Anything Im missing please?
The same thing happened to me after updating to 3.4.

I used FORScan to edit one bit in the APIM AsBuilt data and got my ST shutdown splash screen back. The highlighted value was the one I changed. I also found the setting to change the Bluetooth pairing name from Ford Focus to Ford Focus ST.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.