Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all i see a post a little while ago where someone had used carplay or android on the sync 3 but had all other apps available not just your standard maps and spotify etc cant find the post anywhere now i do no they had brought some sort
Of adaptor online if anyone could help me much appreciated

·
Premium Member
2015 (65) ST-2 TDCi 185ps Estate in Deep Impact Blue
222 Posts
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto both work if you change the Media Hub in the Arm Rest Storage Box to the one in the photo below (Single USB Port). If you just want Android Auto, I believe the original Media Hub from a Sync 2 will support this (The one with SD Card, USB & Line In).
With Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, whatever apps you have on your phone that are compatible, should display and be useable on the Sync screen. I mostly use Apple CarPlay, with Apple Maps, Google Maps or Waze for Navigation, and still have the option of the standard Sync Sat Nav when the phone is unplugged. For Music, I have BBC Sounds, Apple Music & Amazon Music, and Social Media, I have WhatsApp. Other apps are compatible, you should be able to find a full list of compatible apps for both Apple CarPlay & Android Auto on the internet.
I plug my iPhone into the USB port in front of the gear stick and leave the phone in the compartment next to it, works a treat like this.

Gas Rectangle Circle Vehicle Auto part

Gas Auto part Font Family car Electric blue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply i no about the usb hub which i hbe installed allready but i did see a post where someone had brought a adaptor which allowed to use apps like netflix and youtube apps what are not available on the standard car play or andriod just wondering if anyone know what adaptor it is or have seen the same post

1 - 3 of 3 Posts