Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My car had Eibachs fitted 6 months ago at GGR, last week I thought that the car looked a little different on the drivers side, my garage floor is pretty much leve but the measurement from the top of the wheel arch to the floor is 8-10mm less on the drivers side, I have parked my wifes Mondeo ( 9 years old ) in the same spot and the 2 sides are the same, no problems at all while driving but Just curious if this is normal or what could be the problem, I have checked the tyre pressures and they are fine, the car has covered about a 1000 miles since the springs were fitted.

Sorry this isn`t in technical but my membership hasn`t been updated yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Lancastrian @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Springs will settle after a while, but it is always adviseable to get chassis alignment checked after lowering.

GGR laser aligned the chassis too, certainlly haven`t hit any pot holes since.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I quite often find that the drivers side of a vehicle is lower than the drivers side due to most cars mainly only ever having a driver in the car so it naturally leans on the drivers side.

What i would say though is if your still unsure then get a garage or someone who knows what they are doing to check you car over.

I will be surprised if they find anything wrong with the car though.

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i too have found this, pumabuild had a good look at it for me and changed springs around but still no joy i have no idea whats wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts