Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Hello my fellow members

After a little help, my car had its service yesterday and when I dropped it off I asked them to fit the magnetic sump plug that I purchased a few months ago. When I picked the car up yesterday afternoon the guy's there told me that they couldn't fit the plug as it was too small for the hole
, OK. They showed me the plug with an old copper washer around it and there's a massive difference
. My car is an early model, registered on the 1/6/05.

I've had a measure up and sure enough the sump plug is 18mm in diameter but the old copper washer has a 21mm diameter hole in it
. Question is does anybody know if Ford changed the sump slightly. I've double checked on the manufactures web site and sure enough they list the 18mm plug to fit the
and the
, I'm lost

Any help or info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There has only ever been one sump plug listed for ST mate, I have checked with Ford for the spec, which is finis: 1422665 and its a M18 x 1.5 x 18MM. The washer is ally and is finis 1386502.

This same plug and washer combo is used on the RS, Kuga, Mondeo and any other cars with the 2.5T lump.

If your car has a copper washer and a bigger plug...i'm lost, looks like someone at some point has had a fiddle!

HTH

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the info Nick
. Emmmmm think I'll phone the garage again later to see if they actually tried fitting the plug. I'm starting to wonder if the old washer was a bit worn and they've looked at it, looked at the plug and gone that's not going to fit and not bothered.

Shall not be a happy boy if that's the case

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.