Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Hi all hope this might be of help to some people 😊 I bought myself the front and rear strut braces so though I would fit them myself 😊 however the parts come with no instructions....so I had a quick look on the Internet and forum but I coulnt find anything so got advice from others that have fitted them and set about doing the job so here goes 😊

What u will need

Front and rear strut bars 😊

Bicycle part Tool Musical instrument accessory Auto part Composite material

And tools

Font Medical equipment Space Art Glass

10mm socket
12mm socket
17mm spanner
Rachel extension
Stanley blade
Torque piece

So first up u need to remove the wiper blades and scuttle panel
Undo the 2 15mm nuts and lift of the wipers and the scuttle panel can come of aswell so will look like this

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

U will then need to remove the old strut bar

Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive tire Bicycle part

Undo the 3 nuts with the 13mm socket on both sides and pull the strut off

The new strut is quite a tight fit so u might need to adjust the end plates with the 17mm spanner and a big Allen key(can't remember the size) the strut sits on the front 2 bolts.once all lined up nice put the nuts on a tighten them up(also tighten up the end plates if u needed to adjust them)u can then replace the scuttle panel and wipers job done 😊

Like this

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Finished

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Note: u do get spacers and longer bolts that for on the passenger side to clear the battery box I didn't fit these as the clearance was ok on mine :) personal choice I guess if u want to fit them.

Battery clearance

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Rear strut

This is a little more hassle as the wheels need to be removed

First of remove 1 wheel,u then need to remove the 2 10mm bolts from the shocks using the ratchet and extension bar (do 1 at a time)

These

Automotive tire Grey Asphalt Synthetic rubber Road surface

And replace with the new longer ones that are 12mm bolts...repeat for the otherside.

Longer bolts

Human body Font Jewellery Art Wind instrument

Fitted

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment Rim

Note: u don't need to remove the carpet and plastics I did for pics.

Once u have fitted the new bolts u will then need to make a cut in the carpet for the bolts to come through,u can feel where they are to cut, will look like this when done.

Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Audio equipment Font

Then fit the new strut on top add the remaining nuts and washer and tighten down.
(Again u might need to adjust then end plates to fit)

Finished

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Hood

Hope this is of some help to others

Cheers

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@MatST-3 How do you find the front strut mat ? Ive got a elevate RARB but people have said the front cancels out the front ?? Whats your view ?

Want a bit more through the bends looking at the differents struts available .
Hi m8, I have whiteline rarb on mine standard on the front most say fitting both doesn't work well,however some say they do??!! I fitted both the struts and tbh u won't notice a massive difference but the grip on fast cornering is a little better,still a good upgrade though....mines on coilovers aswell so handled well to start with if ure on springs u might notice it abit more

Registered
Hi mate, I have whiteline rarb on mine standard on the front most say fitting both doesn't work well,however some say they do??!! I fitted both the struts and tbh u won't notice a massive difference but the grip on fast cornering is a little better,still a good upgrade though....mines on coilovers aswell so handled well to start with if ure on springs u might notice it abit more
Ah okay fair enough .. i know others have there views but wanted to hear from some one who actual has done the mod .. yeah im on standard springs atm when funds let me will be changing the shocks .. but looking at strut bars to improve any suggestions that i will notice ?

Meaning long sweepers seems the steering goes light when giving it a bit . And what about short a/b roads ?

Registered
Hi all hope this might be of help to some people I bought myself the front and rear strut braces so though I would fit them myself however the parts come with no instructions....so I had a quick look on the Internet and forum but I coulnt find anything so got advice from others that have fitted them and set about doing the job so here goes
Hey, what size were the longer bolts for your front brace? I've got a similar brace to go on and have made spacers, but don't know what size bolts are needed, would rather get them before I go to fit it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, what size were the longer bolts for your front brace? I've got a similar brace to go on and have made spacers, but don't know what size bolts are needed, would rather get them before I go to fit it.
Not sure of the top of my head m8,I didn't fit mine as u only need the spacers to clear the battery cover which mine did without the need for the spacers I think I still have the bolts so will message u when I'm home and measure them up for u

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.