Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have always thought that the submarine light was ok but could do with few more parts lite up up in the car to match the standard submarine lights when you are driving at night.
So been out playin today with relays and fuse box and some led from friends shop.Decided to install leds into the door handles and the side compartment and also installed them into the foot wells aswell went for red to match the standard submarine lighting.
Sorry for the pictures but camera broke so had to try and get pictures with my phone.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could prob wire in a dimmer switch but i sorted the correct leds that match the standard submarine lights so did not look into a dimmer.I have fitted a switch so if working on car with the ignition on i can turn them off or turn of in the day.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 13 Dec 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I could prob wire in a dimmer switch but i sorted the correct leds that match the standard submarine lights so did not look into a dimmer.I have fitted a switch so if working on car with the ignition on i can turn them off or turn of in the day.

Can you wire it into the circuit which dims the submarine lights and clocks?

More "official" then as well

Chris

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 13 Dec 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That will be next weekend job lol

I'm rubbish with electrics so fair play mate. I remember removing trim in my old Fiesta and 106s and breaking about 75% of the clips

Don't fancy ruining the ST

Chris

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello really hard to do that because when fitting the leds into the door handles you have to make sure that the leds are pointing the correct position so it does not cause the light to shine onto windscreen,or shine under the interior door handle.If you position them wrong you end up with a glow which could be a distraction when driving.

1.The door handle led is fitted into a plastic tube which allows you to direct the led to only shine inside the door handle as the natural angle of the plastic is shaped and the led would shine into windscreen.

2.The side compartment is located from underneath in the middle as close to the inside edge to stop the light shining into the drive or passengers eyes when you look down into pocket

3.The footlight bulbs i first fitted the same leds as the door ones but was not bright enough so replaced with the model below but the 9 led type

With the leds in the door handles and the side compartment to make the light spread of the led better remove some of the dome on the led so top is flat

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you todays job was fitting sub and amp which sounds really nice now.Further to the submarine lights going to mod the rear interior light and fit submarine lights into that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts