Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped this car last night for traffic offences and first of all i thought it was a Lotus Evora..

On closer inspection, I found it was a Tesla Electric car!! 0-60 3.9 secs etc!!!

On even closer inspection, I found the cost!! OMFG!!! .....£101000...

On even CLOSER inspection, I found the driver had NO insurance

So it came with us on the back of a low-loader
! Why on earth would you not insure your £101000 electric supercar!!!!!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
£1000 or £100000 car would make no difference to me I would not drive my car with no insurance

I bet the driver/owner was feeling sick at the sight of his car on a low loader

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well done crime of the century

Until he runs over and kills your child and he is not insured... then who will you call??? The police??

QUOTE(Jimmy @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>£1000 or £100000 car would make no difference to me I would not drive my car with no insurance
I bet the driver/owner was feeling sick at the sight of his car on a low loader

He actually asked for his tax disc holder back for a momento!! Which makes me wonder if he was actually going to recover it from the car recovery place

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
£101000 for a lotus elise with a bootfull of laptop batteries & a washing machine motor! he must be
mad!
sort of explains why he did'nt insure it! hes stupid!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Omg what a fool , maybe he has more cash than sense ..... Idiots like that , that drive round without insurance deserve everything they get ...they are one of the many reasons that mine and yours car insurance is so expensive ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Holy sheet i didnt think they did electric cars like this, i cant beleive i never seen this before.

0-60 3.7secs

max RPM 14,000

If he failed to stop you reckon he could have got away?

As for the insurance what an idiot. must have more money than he knows what to do with.

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that seems strange to me maybe the tax disc holder was made of compressed heroin

It was either that or the embossed platinum keyring... and that had the car key attached so he wasn't getting that!!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Matty ST-3 @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Holy sheet i didnt think they did electric cars like this, i cant beleive i never seen this before.

0-60 3.7secs

max RPM 14,000

If he failed to stop you reckon he could have got away?

As for the insurance what an idiot. must have more money than he knows what to do with.

clarkson tested two of them on top gear & they both broke!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
You sure he wasnt self insured, a member of Kent constabluary tried to take one of my Clients, Maclaren off him as he didnt show on the "system" but he self insures, though I think the system may have changed now and SIs show

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stopped this car last night for traffic offences and first of all i thought it was a Lotus Evora..

On closer inspection, I found it was a Tesla Electric car!! 0-60 3.9 secs etc!!!

On even closer inspection, I found the cost!! OMFG!!! .....£101000...

On even CLOSER inspection, I found the driver had NO insurance

So it came with us on the back of a low-loader
! Why on earth would you not insure your £101000 electric supercar!!!!!
what a doughnut why on earth,some people

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Si @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You sure he wasnt self insured, a member of Kent constabluary tried to take one of my Clients, Maclaren off him as he didnt show on the "system" but he self insures, though I think the system may have changed now and SIs show

They now show Si ... he actually admitted he didn't have any... he gave no reason and the MiB confirmed there was no policy in force, nor had there been since it was first registered.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You sure he wasnt self insured, a member of Kent constabluary tried to take one of my Clients, Maclaren off him as he didnt show on the "system" but he self insures, though I think the system may have changed now and SIs show

Is self insuring similiar to having a traders policy?

I know a mate of mine with a traders policy is forever getting a pull as the car he is driving at the time rarely shows up on the database as being insured.

·
Registered
337 Posts
sorry to go off on a tangent but the best car i have seen on top gear was the dutch tilting 3 wheeler in orange looked like loads of fun

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is self insuring similiar to having a traders policy?

I know a mate of mine with a traders policy is forever getting a pull as the car he is driving at the time rarely shows up on the database as being insured.

No its a process whereby you pay a bond to court, from memory its about £20K and then you carry your own risk. Almost like setting up your own insurance company with you being the sole underwritter

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 19 Feb 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No its a process whereby you pay a bond to court, from memory its about £20K and then you carry your own risk. Almost like setting up your own insurance company with you being the sole underwritter

Spot on, and before everyone thinks this is a good idea, problem comes when you have a crash and a liability over £20K

I have seen loads of Teslers at the facroty and shows but neve rone on the road, there again I have never seen an evora on the road (other than the dealers demo).

Lotus engineering are at the cutting edge of vehicle inovation as shown by the Tesler and other alternative fuel sports cars.

I don't suppose the driver was from dubai or similar where £100K is pocket money?

If he does not pick it up instead of crushing it, I'll have it for a back of crishs and a 2ltr bottle of cherry coke

1 - 20 of 28 Posts