Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly id like to say its
good on here!!
But im looking at adding stripes to my perf blue car im thinking maybe black! Any ideas/ or pics of a perf blue with stripes so i can have a butchers! Also can you get carbon look/affect on a roll so i could cover my own centre console and possibly more! Hope some one can help!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Jackal @ 16 Jan 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You mean like this? As stated available on ebay

That be the one, did you do that yourself? Looking for pics with stripes on the side with a perf blue! Is there anyone on ebay thats pretty good? Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 16 Jan 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>DMB Graphics are a forum sponsor and provide great product's and service.

DMB

Yea already starting ordering a few bits, got the ford badges in carbon and chrome and steering wheel badge arrived this morn and on and have just ordered the wheel centres aswell so they should be here next week!

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
QUOTE(Jackal @ 16 Jan 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You mean like this? As stated available on ebay

I've worked out what makes that look really naff; it needs lacquering. CF should have a glossy, shiny finish - that looks like cheap patterned wrap off eBay..

Has anyone thought of using some kind of 'finish' on that wrap to make it glossy?

Here's how CF should look imo:

Although having said that, I can't understand why people put CF into overweight hot-hatches other than some misguided vanity reason. It looks somewhat incongruous to my mind. I can understand it in a lightweight supercar, but not in a family hatchback.

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE(Gav @ 16 Jan 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've worked out what makes that look really naff; it needs lacquering. CF should have a glossy, shiny finish - that looks like cheap patterned wrap off eBay..

Has anyone thought of using some kind of 'finish' on that wrap to make it glossy?

Although having said that, I can't understand why people put CF into overweight hot-hatches other than some misguided vanity reason. It looks somewhat incongruous to my mind. I can understand it in a lightweight supercar, but not in a family hatchback.

Funny you should mention that, I was wondering if laquer would stick to it. The reason it looks like cheap CF wrap is because it is
. Just wanted to break up all the grey really. might have to try coating it with laquer though and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(Gav @ 16 Jan 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've worked out what makes that look really naff; it needs lacquering. CF should have a glossy, shiny finish - that looks like cheap patterned wrap off eBay..

because real carbon is just to sexy

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(Jackal @ 16 Jan 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny you should mention that, I was wondering if laquer would stick to it. The reason it looks like cheap CF wrap is because it is
. Just wanted to break up all the grey really. might have to try coating it with laquer though and see how it turns out.

i tryed laquer mate it just makes it look pure black so i would not bother it looks better as is

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The centre console etc comes in carbon fibre effect as standard on a facelift car and they look shiny. Also I dont know if its the pictures but the carbon wrap posted above looks really dull and plasticy, definately not as good as the original Ford items that facelift owners have.

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(davechci @ 16 Jan 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The centre console etc comes in carbon fibre effect as standard on a facelift car and they look shiny. Also I dont know if its the pictures but the carbon wrap posted above looks really dull and plasticy, definately not as good as the original Ford items that facelift owners have.

pic does not really do it any justice it looks so much better in real life

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Because it is only a film it will never look highly polished like real carbon fibre and cant see any lacquer adhering to it.

You can buy real CF in sheets to laminate a surface the coat in the resin but you have to be careful with what you use it on or how many layer you do in resin as it will increase the size of said piece and may not fit back into place if it is a tight fit to start with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts